Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have never tried to ride in that area, but there are a number of BLM trails in the hills north of town I have seen when driving through. You may have a lot of 4-wheelers and jeeps running on them also.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
i haven't lived in havasu since the 90's, but here's whats out there.

there is sara park on the south side of town. some trails out there, but nothing really worth mountain biking.

there are also some trails out in the hills east of town, off challenger or cherry tree. getting to them is kind of a b*tch from all the kids going out there to party and whatnot. lots of sand, but once you get past that, it can be fun.

nothing is marked. you're basically following jeep/dirt bike trails. if you get lost/hurt/broke down out there, it'll be a long walk out.

years ago, i got my toyota 4x4 stuck out there, had to walk back about 3-4 hours just to get back to town. a friend wound up getting hurt pretty badly out there, and it was next to impossible to get a rescue team out there. we basically had to meet the rescue team at the end of the dirt road, load all their supplies into our 4x4's and go out there, then haul him back, strapped to a back board in the back of my truck.

on the north side, out in havasu heights, you can take havasu heights road out into the mountains and it will eventually meet back up with challenger, or if you take the wrong turn, you'll wind up in the hualapai mountains in kingman.

·
Registered
227 Posts
http://wanderlucky.com/mcotr/rides/sara.html

mkennedy said:
any trails in the havasu area. ill be down the first part of january. any help is appreciated...
thanks!
The link is from a fellow working to expand trails in the Havasu area. He has a few trails included in his blog. It would be awesome to see more riding opportunities all over.

I used to romp around T-100 in my truck during lunchtime in HS. Things get better....so keep on working towards more trails for all.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Boulder Canyon in Boulder City, NV is not far. In Kingman there are several trails. Camp Beal Loop and easy, scenic Monolith Gardens nearby, opposite side of highway 93 and nearby Hualapi mountain has trails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.