Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to fit M756 levers to XTR calipers with a BH62 hose. Everything is connected as insructions & seems totally airtight but when I add fluid to the reservoir it doesnt flow into the hose. When the bleed nipple is open, if I pump the lever I can hear air pumping out/in from the nipple but the fluid level in the reservoir only drops slightly then refils itself. Any tips on how I can get the fluid pumping? thanks!!l.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm not according to my instructions. Anyway, Ive now got fluid running through the system & out of the bleed nipple. Yayyy. Man I'm dumb sometimes! Now if I can just get the levers to stiffen up...!

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
You need to pump the air out the bottom. Shimano way takes loads of time via instructions (been there done that after 15 bleed on my rear brake but now its kind) best syringe it from the bottom while punping the lever. Remember the lever is to release the air so don't go agro on the lever (make loads of small bubbles) just slow pumps to get the bubbles out. Take a break every 15 minutes, for at least 10 to let thing settle to the top. Bleeding is like life, take your time do your best!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.