Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had no success reaching Turner the last couple of days trying to order a new der hanger. The phone and fax have been shut down and no response to email and the website is full of error messages and is really wonky. Anybody know the story? Have they shut down?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have had no success reaching Turner the last couple of days trying to order a new der hanger. The phone and fax have been shut down and no response to email and the website is full of error messages and is really wonky. Anybody know the story? Have they shut down?
That's been the question for some time now. No official word yet, but all signs point to yes they are closed.

One thing that would be great for everyone who owns a Turner is for someone to pick up their spare parts inventory.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
That's been the question for some time now. No official word yet, but all signs point to yes they are closed.

One thing that would be great for everyone who owns a Turner is for someone to pick up their spare parts inventory.
They didn't even have replacement links for my RFX and that was a year ago. I'm guessing they're inventory isn't overly large.

I had one bearing wallow out with the faulty epoxy bonding on the pivot that surfaced as an issue for some. Bearing retaining compound is doing the trick for now and they fixed the frame and turned it around fast. Always great CS. Anyhow, best wishes to the Turner family going forward.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have no knowledge of the big question but I do believe they have been on the road attending some CX races. Just info gathered from Facebook.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't post often, but if true, this is a sad way to end the story. I owned multiple Turner's in the heyday of the brand and will always consider myself a fan but the lack of info about the future of the company is a real turn off considering the loyalty built over the years. Turner's CS was second to none. Seems a shame to treat his most loyal fan base with such indifference. I understand if the company's future is in limbo but considering the man himself would post here regularly I would think he could throw the most loyal (those who still haunt this forum) a bone. Either way, get out and ride!!!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Don't post often, but if true, this is a sad way to end the story. I owned multiple Turner's in the heyday of the brand and will always consider myself a fan but the lack of info about the future of the company is a real turn off considering the loyalty built over the years. Turner's CS was second to none. Seems a shame to treat his most loyal fan base with such indifference.
Agreed, seems like a pretty lousy way to wind up one of the pioneering brands of full suspension bikes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If there's any hope for the company, he has sold to a distributor, and all the radio silence/downed website/disconnected phone service is a result of negotiations. And then once everything's in place, it'll be up and running. If that's not the case, the company is dead.

In the meantime, you can get your derailleur hanger at Wheels. No solution for the other bits anyone might need.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
11,470 Posts
I loved my 2011 Turner Sultan. In its day, it was state of the art.

I also loved getting the cash when I sold it to buy an even better FS bike.

It's over, my friends. It's over. Time to let go & move on.
=sParty

·
Registered
529 Posts
They may be just redoing the website. My links to the old Turner catalogs are still working.
I've currently got 3 Turners still in operation under wife and kids. They don't get beat much so haven't needed parts x fingers.
I just got a new Banshee Titan in Black Ano. Wow does it look like my Burner V3.1. Nice. Nothing like nice bead blasted and anodized aluminum with stacked dimes on the weld fillets.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I think they are done. If you go to their website, it is all wonky as stated above. In the description for each of the bikes you get this:

Now available exclusively from Cambria Bicycle Outfitters, with more parts options than we could ever provide. Follow link for pricing..

Turner Flux 27.5" Full Suspension Frame

It takes you to links of the Flux, RFX, Cyclosys and Czar at 30% off at CBO. Id love to see them come back, but this looks like the end. Ill enjoy my RFX for as long as I can I guess.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Closed or not, a company’s website is the front door to their business. It is very telling to let these issues continue with no effort to address the problem. You wouldn't approach a store if all the lights were off and the windows blacked out would you?

·
Registered
25 Posts
It would be nice to hear something from DT. He doesn’t owe anyone anything, just wish him well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean, if you're looking for a part or something, I think it'd be more than just "nice" to hear something about the existence of the company you bought a, not cheap, bike from. From some of the reports, they don't even have an active phone number.

Anyone know if they're answering emails? Thankfully, I believe my RFX is in good shape for awhile, but sucks for those who need say new bearings.

I think every Turner fan wishes DT well if in fact he's thrown in the towel. Most everyone knows the boutique bike business in the US today is hard and would be nothing but sympathetic. The e-bike train is coming fast. Having to outsource carbon is a ridiculously prohibitive for small outfits.

It's the radio silence that's the weirdest part of it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You can easily source bearings elsewhere, they are not specific to the RFX or Turner. The other parts would be more of an issue in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
You can easily source bearings elsewhere, they are not specific to the RFX or Turner. The other parts would be more of an issue in my opinion.
Yeah, for the people running the older bushing based systems, we are most likely out of luck.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Don’t worry friends, a clapped out turner bike is legit and gold compared to the non gnomer companies out there and turner bike is just fixing up some quirks and will be back in full force w a legit lineup!

1 - 20 of 209 Posts