Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
MS are a big deal to me. Locally at 65deg North, we get about 4.5 hrs of dusk in mid winter. It's often a nite ride at 3PM or no ride. After getting two sets of NiteRider dual400 lights I found I needed more batteries then learned they were $140 each. Wow! I returned both sets of lights. They were already more than I could afford and I could not afford to buy more batteries. I was about to forget riding at night or look for a cheaper Halogen solution when I came across the MS lights. I now have three sets of lights for well under the price of two sets of the Nite Rider. I also can turn on each light independently, and each MS is as bright as the set of two lights of the NR system. If one light goes bad I have two more for backup. If I were wealthy (er) I'd buy U.S. made and be happy to get a better made product but it looks to me like the Seca700 is about the closest thing out there to the MS in terms of performance and those are something like $400 each. To me that's crazy for any "regular joe" that has a limited income.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I just went on my maiden voyage with my magicshine. Just a 6 mile XC ride in 35 degree temps here in Colorado. It was my first night ride. The magicshine was excellent. I rode for a couple miles on a paved MUT to the trail on low which was plenty of light. Once on the trail I switched to high and was more than pleased with the result. If it wasn't for the low investment cost, I might have never purchased a bike light. I am glad I did. I will be testing it's durability this winter on some night snowboarding excursions.

·
GeoMan
1,706 Posts
dcc1234 said:
Mr. Geo-

Since you are such an avid poster here, could you please share with us approx how many MS you've sold since you started selling them?

Sounds like your selling them now as fast as the manufacturer can make them?
We've sold a few, admittedly.

As many as they can manufacturer? Naw, not even close! This is a good sized company that produces a variety of different products other than the Magicshine's you see us selling.

Ride on!

Geo

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Haught!

GEOMAN said:
We have more!

Chris, what is your contact info, I'll send you a few.

Geo
[email protected]
Hey, I wanna order just a head unit, but it says 'Sold Out' Prolly because you haven't updated the site yet. Is that right?

I think I'm gonna get one of those 2 cell tiny batteries from Powerizer for $15 to run it as my lid light.

<- itching

Heh... I'll bet I can sell all my halogen lights and pay for all new MSs.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sorry, if this is a noob question, but I would like to better waterproof the battery but am not sure what you mean by 'bathroom sealant' Do you mean something you'd apply with a caulking gun? Silicone?

Also, What kind of place would one go to get it 'dipped'? TIA.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
GEOMAN said:
Lots more inventory will arrive on Wednesday (11/11/09). We'll resume selling as soon as they are released from Customs - maybe tomorrow, Tuesday (11/10/09, fingers crossed).

Thanks for your support, we sincerely appreciate it.

Geo
Is this a customer service thread or a discussion thread? :confused:

J.

21 - 40 of 208 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.