Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
boycott of the message boards?? I usually look forward to the mid afternoon board perusal to break up the day and there just doesn;t seem to be quite the same flow of postings. Also a a confirmed e-anything challenged human being, what is an avitar?

·
Pro Crastinator
11,283 Posts
MTBDad said:
boycott of the message boards?? I usually look forward to the mid afternoon board perusal to break up the day and there just doesn;t seem to be quite the same flow of postings. Also a a confirmed e-anything challenged human being, what is an avitar?
i'm with you there, it seems as there is REALLY not much going on here, at least much less than usual

the avatar is the pic of the floating head on the left (others have different ones)

·
Registered
266 Posts
yea

I gotta say things reall suck right now. there is no participation. Not to mention it's a total PIA to surf double the message boards now... MTBR need to make up it's mind and close one or the other.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
yep quiet here

MTBDad said:
Its a tad quiet a think becuase some people are like overwhelmed or something over the change. I think its just too much for so so they are sticking to the trails.

I am used to thee forums and dont bother with the old ones now!

Trevor!

They'll be back BTW!

·
sh*t disturber
348 Posts
New boards only soon.

LSett said:
I gotta say things reall suck right now. there is no participation. Not to mention it's a total PIA to surf double the message boards now... MTBR need to make up it's mind and close one or the other.
As per Francis, they're running both boards this week, and will switch over to the new only only ASAP.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks like people are voting with their feet. This will suck if it keeps up as this is (was) my favorite forum. Oh well change is inevitable and its inevitable that humans won't handle change well.

·
Hazzah!
177 Posts
Things do seem a bit bland and sterile here. the old board was an entity unto itself. This board has yet to develop a "personality"
Give it time....

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
celly said:
As per Francis, they're running both boards this week, and will switch over to the new only only ASAP.
Will they be moving all the old posts over to this new setup???? It'll suck if they dont - I assume they are?

Trevor!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Trevor! said:
Will they be moving all the old posts over to this new setup???? It'll suck if they dont - I assume they are?

Trevor!
The old boards will be available for reference. No posts from the old boards will be moved to the new boards. This is the same way it worked the last time or two the format was updated.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,913 Posts
I'm still surfing both forums though I'll be happy when they close the old ones.

·
Gone riding
3,351 Posts
Well I haven't checked the old boards yet, I've got my head around the new one now though. There were heaps of people browsing earlier, I guess people just need to adjust. I say archive the old boards and bring on the new!! :)

Cheers, dave.

·
They say I have a problem
460 Posts
I was a little aprehensive at first with the new boards, but now I prefer this method....The old was good in it's own way, but the upgrades here are good...The one thing I really noticed is the improved speed...The old board was just too damn slow...

Rich

·
Registered
20 Posts
MTBDad said:
there just doesn;t seem to be quite the same flow of postings.
Maybe because it's winter time and people aren't riding, buying, etc. I've always noticed things slow down here in the off season.

One thing to keep in mind, MTBR comes up first when you search on mountain biking.

But personally I think people are losing interest in the Internet.

·
Absurd
919 Posts
I wonder if everyone's getting spread a little thin? It seems like it may be too much of a good thing, ya know? Before there was just a couple of boards for everyone to go to, now there are so many different directions to go, we're all still here, just in so many different locations.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
If my experience is any guide...

Which I'm not saying it is...

I'm surfing both. Responding in both. Takes longer, posts are split between boards. So on either one it looks like less, but probably about the same when combined.

I've seen a few others doing the same, so doubt that I'm the only one.

Plus, I'm still adjusting. Trying to figure out the new toys. Now that process is moving along, so are the posts. It'll take a week or three, but should return to a semblance of normalcy.

One last thought... was General one of the first in the old list? Does position of the boards have anything to do with number of participants?

JmZ

MTBDad said:

·
Registered
42 Posts
that time of year

I wouldn't get you conspiracy hopes up too soon. Weather is pitiful in most of the country rigth now so no one is thinking about riding. Most boards are slow right now. It's depressing talking about riding when going isn't much fun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts