Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a pair of '05 Fox Mid Ranger and '05 High Frequency shorts, both in size 34. Recently, I decided I needed a third pair of riding shorts. So, being really happy with both pairs of Fox's I already owned, I ordered some '06 Mid Rangers in the same size. I assumed they would fit the same way, so as soon as they arrived in the mail I washed them, then attempted to put them on. Not even close. They were way small. Unfortunately, I couldn't return them since I'd already washed them. A few weeks ago, I was in a bike shop that had some '06 High Frequencies in stock. Again, I tried on a pair in size 34 and they were also too small.

Either Fox has changed the sizing for 2006, or I've gotten fatter and somehow managed to stretch the shorts I already had so that they still fit perfectly!! I tried contacting Fox directly, but got a generic reply that didn't help. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I went through the exact same thing with Performance shorts. I had 2 pairs that I really liked. I ordered the same model and size as last year. Didn't try them on - went in the wash, line dry, and put them on - not even close. In fact, I heard a thread pop trying to pull the waist up. I have not gained any weight either (I weigh myself every morning). Looks like we both learned the same lesson. :madman:

I've had problems with other clothing too (usually stuff is too big). I'm almost at the point where I'm going to order several items in multiple sizes at the same time, try them on, and return whatever doesn't fit. Returning the items will cost about the same shipping wise whether I return one pair or ten. As long as they don't charge a restocking fee ...

·
( )
755 Posts
I never tried the 05 fox shorts, but generally I wear anything from 32-34 in jeans or shorts, with 34 usually being on the loose side. I tried on a pair of the size 34 '06 mid ranger shorts at my LBS, and I couldn't even get them past my thighs. I sized up to 36 and they're fine. Still a little snug going on, but once they're over my hips they're very comfortable. It was a good thing I was able to try them on otherwise I would've mail ordered the wrong size.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Max99 said:
interesting note, looks like so far it has been the size 34. wonder if it is the whole line or just that one size. maybe they were mislabeled?
Yeah, I've wondered that too. The '06 shorts that I tried on were both at least 2 inches too small in the waist. And I wear a size 34 in just about everything.

·
moe.
371 Posts
I have '06 size 34 too...

I bought my first Fox midrangers this year. I bought a second pair since I liked the first pair so much. I usually wear spandax becuase it is cooler. Anyway, my point is that I wear a 34 in everything and, although the shorts are snug when I put them on, I like the fit. My experience with siimilar shorts is they slide off when you ride. Not these.

·
I Have Gnarly Potential
369 Posts
mesure the waist of bolth shorts, see which ones were the ones that were off :D

if it was the new ones, the company has to take them back since they are simply wrong :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.