Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
I'M A CHEAPSKATE
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a pretty light guy (130Ibs) and I need a new saddle. I was looking at this one. Has anyone tried it?

Link

·
I'M A CHEAPSKATE
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Liam! I heard rumors that the FSA was on the stiffer side of the carbon seat spectrum. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I rode one this morning for about 2.5 hours on a rigid MTB, flawless and painless, and I'm over 200 lbs myself. I adapted from a normal padded San Marco Aspide without any problem, the Aspide was in fact much harder to get used to coming from a cushy cheapo Fizik.
Only caveat is the somewhat sharp edges that can bruise your inner tights in a botched mount/dismount.
I'm ordering a couple more for my other bikes.

·
sometimes cheeky
128 Posts
I had the 100g version.
At the third or fourth ride one of the rails broke (my current weight: 74Kg). Perhaps it is possible, that this saddle is not strong enought to match with a KCNC Ti seatpost. Dont know.
After send the seller a pic of the damage I get my money back, including the shipping costs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
checky said:
I had the 100g version.
At the third or fourth ride one of the rails broke (my current weight: 74Kg). Perhaps it is possible, that this saddle is not strong enought to match with a KCNC Ti seatpost. Dont know.
After send the seller a pic of the damage I get my money back, including the shipping costs.
It probably didn't play well with the minimalist clamping on your post because instead of having the force of impact distributed over an entire clamp area like a Thomson, it got put into two very small areas and the carbon couldn't handle it. I don't think it is safe to use any carbon railed saddle with the KCNC type clamping mechanism.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.