Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Same for the tape and valves as far as I can tell.

The difference is just in the rim profile, as WTB's system is designed to be a UST-compatible system for use with tires with UST beads. In fact, the TCS system is now officially UST certified according to their website

·
aka DummyDiva
289 Posts
Same for the tape and valves as far as I can tell.

The difference is just in the rim profile, as WTB's system is designed to be a UST-compatible system for use with tires with UST beads.
I specifically asked if you could run tnt, 2bliss, lust, etc. tubeless with their TCS rims, and he said yes, but he would not confirm you could run any other type of tire (like the list Stan's has that is compatible with their rims). You can also run any tire with a tube.

Just ordered the WTB Speed TCS XC wheelset..........

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
I specifically asked if you could run tnt, 2bliss, lust, etc. tubeless with their TCS rims, and he said yes, but he would not confirm you could run any other type of tire (like the list Stan's has that is compatible with their rims). You can also run any tire with a tube.

Just ordered the WTB Speed TCS XC wheelset..........
That's the point of the UST bead system: that they are all using the same bead design regardless of who made the tire or rim and you should never have to worry about compatibility issues. Specialized's 2Bliss, WTB TCS, Bontrager TLR, Maxxis LUST, Geax TNT, and others all follow the UST spec for tire beads. Since the system relies so much on the tire bead design a non-tubeless tire should not be expected to reliably work without tubes

The Stan's system is different because they use their own unique modifications to the bead seat area of the rim in order to make non-tubeless tires not burp. A compatibility list is pretty much a requirement given their goal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.