Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
mtbr Decade+
1,545 Posts
Hey Doc,

While CRC IS solid - my credit card was breached immediately after my purchase with them. There were several threads started about this with people who shopped with several of the big online stores in Britain.

Do a search on Chain Reaction and you should be able to find the threads.

Still, I ordered from them again. I used PayPal last time - NO problems.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I used them twice and had good luck both times. That being said, if you have to return the product it's a bear. also, when you order, if you have to pay for shipping, get the service that is trackable on the internet.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I ordered come Hope Pro II wheels with Sun rims this summer - They shipped the next day, had them from the UK to TX in about 8 or 9 days. I used my debit card and I had to call my bank and authorize a one time foreign charge (I have done this several times when I need to purchase out of the US - never a problem) and went on my merry way!

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
Only downside to getting those from CRC is that they are machine built. It's good if you want the parts cheap, but don't expect a top notch wheel build.

Their Shimano deals can't be beat...and a whole lot of other stuff they sell.

·
Off the back...
2,304 Posts
ncfisherman said:
Only downside to getting those from CRC is that they are machine built. It's good if you want the parts cheap, but don't expect a top notch wheel build.

Their Shimano deals can't be beat...and a whole lot of other stuff they sell.
Actually, their wheelsets are hand built onsite:

I have made many purchases from CRC. The 4 wheelsets I have purchased from them have been straight and true out of the box, and have remained so, despite my best efforts. The only time they screwed up was when they forgot to ship the second of two wheelsets I ordered. I sent them a scan of the order and they built up a new set and shipped it the next day. I recommend them, except for Avid stuff and suspension forks, which seem to always be cheaper from the US.

·
Steady Creepin'
486 Posts
I've always been a fan of CRC, have made several purchases from them in the past and have been nothing but satisfied.. except for my last order. I ordered a wheelset, received it in a timely manner, but was horrified at the packaging. It was a pair of wheels basically just thrown in a box with virtually no padding (just a couple flimsy sheets of cardboard), the hub from one of the wheels was pressing into the side so much that the box actually bulged out at that point, any more pressure and it would have punctured the box!. Everything seems to be ok, but it's a miracle that it wasn't mangled in shipping. Very poor tape job to close the box also.

I'll order from them again, but definitely not a wheelset, just to be safe.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've had great success with CRC in the pat but my last two orders were total screw ups. First the order of Shimano MTB shoes plus a few minor things that ended up being a box of minor things sans shoes. And just last week my order of a set of Formula R1 brakes came to me as two front brakes rather than a front and a rear, both just in bags with no manuals or the extra hose fitting that's supposed to come with them.

I don't know if they're going downhill or not but it'll have to be a crazy good deal for me to spend money there again.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not impressed with my latest order.
I ordered a new ti cross bike last week and my order status still shows "processing": I've sent 3 emails regrding the order and have received no response at all.
Shytti customer service.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I ordered a set of wheels from them recently. They WILL NOT respond to e-mails. However, the price, and build are awesome. They took 8 business days to get a custom wheelset to my door in California.

Price, and quality- A+
Customer Service- F-

·
Disgruntled Peccary
5,566 Posts
I just got off the phone with CRC (checking on a hub order), evidently they've had email server issues.. course, I have no idea how long their email responce has been bad..

·
Registered
995 Posts
Ordered a rear derailleur, chainring, and chain. Chain came without missing link :mad: and still haven't got an email back from them on whether or not they'll send me one.
Other than that all my other order's have been fine. I wonder if something is going on there right now, seems like there has been quite a few unhappy customers lately.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.