Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came accross this on Pricepoint.com. I was intrigued considered the Crank Bros Joplin is $250 and this one is $34.95

Its called the Sette Ryde ST-850, made by Price Point's generic component company. Anyone try this yet?

Cosidering how much a Joplin costs, this may be worth taking a look at.

Attachments

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
VTSession said:
Oh yeah, its only available in a 27.2 mm
I have thought about giving it a try. I guess I would need a shim. I would also like to hear any opinions on weight and performance. I assume it works like an office chair where you grab the lever and it goes down, or take your weight off and it goes up...

·
Registered
270 Posts
It weighs about 659g, Depending on your seat tube angle, it's hard to lower since the hex shaft wants to bind. If you sit just right on the saddle (usually on the nose) you can lower it easier.

If it starts to get sticky after use, you can pop the nut off the bottom and pull the telescoping piston out of the shell and clean out the metal shards that will most likely be present from the hex binding, lube it back up and put it back together.

On some sette posts, the seatpost will compress like a suspension seatpost if you sit on it really hard and fast or ride over a large bump. Also I've found that the release lever on the post needs to be bend to clear some saddles with plastic nose pieces.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.