Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the 2009-2010 GT Peace 9ers come with a nutted axle in the rear but also have threaded holes for chain adjuster screws in the front of the dropouts. I'm thinking of switching to a quick release in the rear and installing the chain adjuster screws. Has anyone done this? How did it work?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have an 09 GT Peace SS. I see where the set screws go but my bike didn't come with the screws. Did yours?
I find that the nutted axle usually keeps it from slipping if I tighten it down enough.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine didn't come with the screws either. I just went to the hardware store and found some that fit. My axle nuts are doing the job as well, but I want to switch wheelsets to one with a quick release so I might need the screws.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Hey uwprunner,

If you're who I think you are, I've got some chaintugs you can have. My wife used them on her SS with a QR and never had a problem.

Although, your built-in tensioning screws will look cleaner than the tugs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
uwprunner said:
Mine didn't come with the screws either. I just went to the hardware store and found some that fit. My axle nuts are doing the job as well.
That's where I am, I bought some mavic crossmax wheels and I was hoping to get a some kind of bolts that will work with the integrated threaded holes and not reqire me to carry extra tools(Something like a wing nut, only on a bolt). Has anyone seen anything like this?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up getting a couple small bolts/screws from the hardware store that fit. I also put a jam nut on the bolt. It seems to be holding just fine so far on my few rides around the block. It will get tested more once the trails dry out.

I would be curious to know what GT recommends using in those integrated threaded holes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts