Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently riding a Burner with a Rock Shox Revelation, but I'm needing a little less bike for the trails around here. Considering the Flux, but I hate the fox 120mm fork offerings and have grown to love the Revelation.

I'm considering lowering the travel of my current Revelation to 130mm and putting it on a Flux. Has anyone tried riding a Flux with a 130mm fork?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I'm running a 140 fox float 26r fork (Because I owned it and it has plenty of clearence). The HA is 67.8 unsagged and the suspension matches the rear very well.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Sweet! Great info. I've still got the stock 120 Fox on mine and have the 140 Fox sitting in a box. I got it mostly because I was worried about the lower BB and pedal strikes. I've had only a few pedal strikes here and there and I haven't had the time to pursue swapping the forks out.

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Yup, float 32 set @130 Soon to be replaced with a 140mm sweep. The revelation would be a great flux candidate @130 and ill bet you could swing 140 as well.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
I'm currently riding a Burner with a Rock Shox Revelation, but I'm needing a little less bike for the trails around here. Considering the Flux, but I hate the fox 120mm fork offerings and have grown to love the Revelation.

I'm considering lowering the travel of my current Revelation to 130mm and putting it on a Flux. Has anyone tried riding a Flux with a 130mm fork?
I have a talas on mine - 120/140.

I run it at 140 for everything except long climbs.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have a talas on mine - 120/140.

I run it at 140 for everything except long climbs.
Originally, that was a 150/130 fork, correct? Did you have enough time at 130 to compare 130 vs 140 on the XL?

I'm debating making a customer spacer for my Sweep to bump it down to 130mm, although I really don't have any complaints about the handling at 140mm currently. Pointed downhill, it's an absolute ripper.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Originally, that was a 150/130 fork, correct? Did you have enough time at 130 to compare 130 vs 140 on the XL?

I'm debating making a customer spacer for my Sweep to bump it down to 130mm, although I really don't have any complaints about the handling at 140mm currently. Pointed downhill, it's an absolute ripper.
I was too new to the bike to offer an asessment at 130 mil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts