Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
since 4/10/2009
31,500 Posts
Yes. I like it. Very quiet. Shifts well.

After my ride yesterday, I think whatever I wind up with will need especially low gears. I could have used something lower than the lowest I had at times. I'll have to run the numbers to see how low you can go with XX1. Several climbs in excess of 22%.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yes. I like it. Very quiet. Shifts well.

After my ride yesterday, I think whatever I wind up with will need especially low gears. I could have used something lower than the lowest I had at times. I'll have to run the numbers to see how low you can go with XX1. Several climbs in excess of 22%.
Here you go - gear ratios for XX1, and comparable 2x10 ratios. Won't cover all, but you can calc from there.

Gear Ratios: Comparing 2×10 versus 1×11 Mountain Bike Drivetrains

·
since 4/10/2009
31,500 Posts
Have seen that. My current mtb is 3x9, anyway. Nice try.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
since 4/10/2009
31,500 Posts
I know how to do the calcs. I just need to sit down, do them, and make comparisons. I'm not going to be in the market for a new drivetrain for awhile, so doing them now is a very low priority.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Here you go - gear ratios for XX1, and comparable 2x10 ratios. Won't cover all, but you can calc from there.

Gear Ratios: Comparing 2×10 versus 1×11 Mountain Bike Drivetrains
Or you could do the calculation yourself. Don't forget the only important figures are the highest and lowest gear ratio.

In the case of my bike with 36/22 chainrings and 11-36T cassette, the range of gearing ratio is 0.611 - 3.273. That's more than what I need riding at our local trails. An XX1 drivetrain with 34T chainring would give me a good 0.81 - 3.4 range that would be fast on flats and downhills, and more than enough for climbing. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts