Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to determine what is the best time to go. I wanted to know if anyone has riden it lately up in the Angeles National forest. Its one of my favorite all day rides.

Thanks,

·
a.k.a. MTBMaven
1,750 Posts
Chilao Good!

The Chilao Loop is in great condition. I rode up there the last two weekends. The only real difference is the section from Horseshoe Flats (I think that's the name) to Chilao. The switchbacks are very rocky and challenging. I finally cleared several sections I've never been able to clear when I demoed a Yeti 575 last weekend. There are a few downed trees but only like 2 or 3. Have fun out there it's tons of fun.

Oh Angeles Crest is open all the way to Chilao as of last Wednesday..

·
cask conditioned
625 Posts
Rode it Tuesday. Silver Moc got more techy which, of course, means more fun! There are more rock gardens, new stairs and the waterbar drops are higher. We did an out n back to Three Points which was so fun and scenic. Hilyer hasn't changed much except it seemed easier, including 30 Mas Rock. We didn't make it past Chilao and up to Vetter since the upper section of Silver Moc was work enough. Supposedly it's snowing up there right now but it might be good to go by the weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.