Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ridden the Berryman trail lately? I havent heard much about people riding it lately. In the last few years it has started to deteriorate from a sweet trail to an erroded peice of crap. With all the recent storms, I figure it might be nothing but 24 miles of hike-a-bike.

Does anyone know what shape it is in?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Geez, has everybody ignored this topic?

I rode it.. on columbus day, I only made it 5 miles down it and then broke my chain. Then broke my chain tool. Hiked back.

That trail can be a devil, if you are riding beyond your level of experience.. Which I was. I almost broke my tailbone on that same ride, and now have a devil of a hematoma that is gonna be scarred and stay on my butt.

But...... I CANT WAIT TO GO BACK!!! I couldnt ride for about three weeks due to my injury (ER said tailbone WAS broken, but followups said no.. Thank goodness!). Rode for first time today, after spending hours after hours tooling around in my garage working on bikes. Learned a lot about mechanics during this downtime.

I CANT WAIT TO GO BACK! :)

I can't say if it has eroded to a peice of crap cause I have only ridden tiny parts of it twice in a short period of time.... But I tell you I am very impresseed with it.

I am near Potosi, MO.. where are ya, The Berryman?

·
aka rockyonekc
105 Posts
The Berryman said:
Has anyone ridden the Berryman trail lately? I havent heard much about people riding it lately. In the last few years it has started to deteriorate from a sweet trail to an erroded peice of crap. With all the recent storms, I figure it might be nothing but 24 miles of hike-a-bike.

Does anyone know what shape it is in?
I rode it at Bonktoberfest at the beginning of October. While there are sections that are suffering, it's still a great ride and a huge challenge. I have notice a change over the last few years, but nothing as dramatic as some people make it seem.

Council Bluffs Lake however was rippin fast and in pristine condition. Some good riding down that way for sure.

Dave in KC

·
Registered
10 Posts
Diamond Dave said:
I rode it at Bonktoberfest at the beginning of October. While there are sections that are suffering, it's still a great ride and a huge challenge. I have notice a change over the last few years, but nothing as dramatic as some people make it seem.

Council Bluffs Lake however was rippin fast and in pristine condition. Some good riding down that way for sure.

Dave in KC
Definately have to check Council Bluff lake.. I just found some cool topo maps of the trail. Need to hit the trail before it gets too nasty in the winter... wear some bright orange junk so the deer hunters dont shoot me.. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.