Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a 26er rear only on Carbine 275 to drop BB? And also to slacken the HA? Wonder how big of a tire will fit? Rubber Queen 2.4 maybe? Looks like it would drop the BB .5 inch and maybe 1 degree on HA?
Sorry if its been posted.....just looking for info!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Last winter I ran my Carbine with 27.5" rear dropouts but 26" wheels. I wanted to give the 27.5" geometry a go, but since it was winter with lots of snow and ice, I had to run my 26" Freddie's Revenz. Pedal striks were not a problem in the snow.

That being said, I prefer the bike with 27.5" wheels, but I do run a coil rear shock with 30% sag. Most air shocks stinkbug pretty bad, giving you a high BB when you want it the least.

You could try the Burghtec offset bushings to take the rear end down a bit. 1mm at the bushing equals roughly 3mm at the wheel.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was wanting info on 26 on the rear only. 26 in front also would do nothing for HA.

Looking into those bushings also, thanks, but understand there may be tire clearance/seat tube issues upon full travel.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.. but I do run a coil rear shock with 30% sag. Most air shocks stinkbug pretty bad, giving you a high BB when you want it the least.
Care to explain that comment? How does the type of rear shock have any affect on "stink bug"?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts