Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some tires from them this week, which were supposed to be in-stock, and still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation. Moreover, they haven't answered the e-mail I sent them requesting my order's status.

Thinking back to all of my experiences with online retailers, I can't think of one instance where I've waited (at least) 4 days for an allegedly in-stock item to ship.

So much for riding this weekend...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Airbomb sucks the big wazoo. There's been a ton of negative posts on here about them. Although I must say that the one and only time I did business with them it wasn't too bad (a little slow to ship) countless others have had nothing but trouble. Avoid them in the future.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
885 Posts
Airbomb = Beyond Bikes

When the original Airbomb went out of business a few years ago, BeyondBikes picked up their business name and domain. Same company, same level of service - 'nuff said?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, at least my suspicions about Airbomb are pretty much confirmed...

In contrast, I ordered some brakes and a stem from PricePoint yesterday morning and then received a shipping notification later in the evening. I should get my parts tomorrow.

I don't know if PricePoint usually services their customers so promptly, but unlike Airbomb, I'll definitely be giving them orders in the future.

·
Registered
127 Posts
These folks should not be in business. They charge your card and ignore you. I've been waiting a month .... yeah I know, I'm a dumbass.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've done business with Pricepoint and they are great people. They may not seem like a big company but they at least won't eat your money and they ship on time.
:)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Always phone before and after you place your order to ensure they have the product in stock and to make sure they ship it. Can save alot of thumb twiddiling and frustration:madman:

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,919 Posts
Original Airbomb = Bikeroom.ca, new airbomb = beyondbikes, new owners for the domain name, same crappy service, and bikeroom suckers still get the same crappy service as well even though the business name changed.

Why change names and sell the old one? Dodge the blocks put on them by distributors. In canada, most distributors (the major ones in particular who carry brands like Manitou, Rockshox, Marzocchi, Mavic, Shimano, etc) totally refuse to deal with non-storefront businesses. And airbomb had a bad enough rep that the ones that will sell to you regardless of the type of bike business you have had all blackballed airbomb as well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Where I shop

I like to shop at

1) Price Point = Good deals semi nice layout.

2) Performance = They have the best layout and more stuff to choose from. MTB and Road friendley.

3) BlueSky = They have good prices like Price Point and also semi nice layout. Good on shipping.

4) Nashbar = Were good but dont have the invetory nor sizes for bigger riders. They have some things odd that you want but once again not bigger sizes and stock is weak.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am currently having problems with them. I ordered 2 weeks ago, had a confirm email from them, telling me freight (Australia) and have since heard absolutely nothing, in spite of several attmpts to contact them.

I have had no chance to confirm freight/order as stated, no replies, so far no manoey taken off me. If nothing has happened soon I will cancel my order. I note that one cancellation produced delivery in this thread. <G>

This seems common here, yet on another forum I saw several excellent reports. They were older messages. I wonder if it's the takeover.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oldnick

I would call them and end the order. Nashbar took almost three weeks and after two they will credit your account and you just refuse the order. If AirBomo want then I would buy else where. I will say I like Performance and Nashbar but they have both took almost three weeks with problems with there shipper. PricePoint is great but Performance had best stuff for the MTB and Roadie.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Performance seem to have a very limited range of stock, unfortunately. Shopping from Oz, I have to try to buy as much gear as possible in one shipment (it can sot $45-60 just for shipping), so range is important.

I can't call them, or not realistically. It would cost a fortune. They don't say email will NOT cancel an order. They say they cannot guarantee that it will do it on time. Since they seem to completely ignore thier #@()$& emails, I may just have to wait and keep trying. They have not billed me yet!

Weird.:confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here is the deal with Airbomb. Yes, it is the same company as Beyond Bikes. Airbomb doesn’t stock any of the items on their web site. When you look thru their catalog you are viewing a consumer version of the QBP catalog. QBP is a wholesale distributor for those of you that don't know. If you order from airbomb it takes longer due to the fact that they don't have the items in stock and so they order them in and then ship them to you. It will take at least two weeks for delivery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
.twon supreme. said:
Here is the deal with Airbomb. Yes, it is the same company as Beyond Bikes. Airbomb doesn't stock any of the items on their web site. When you look thru their catalog you are viewing a consumer version of the QBP catalog. QBP is a wholesale distributor for those of you that don't know. If you order from airbomb it takes longer due to the fact that they don't have the items in stock and so they order them in and then ship them to you. It will take at least two weeks for delivery.
hmmm...im local so i go into the beyond/airbomb store and i usually leave with the items i wanted and price matches. when they dont have stock i leave with a willcall order and my stuff is usually available within the week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
.twon supreme. said:
Here is the deal with Airbomb. Yes, it is the same company as Beyond Bikes. Airbomb doesn't stock any of the items on their web site. When you look thru their catalog you are viewing a consumer version of the QBP catalog. QBP is a wholesale distributor for those of you that don't know. If you order from airbomb it takes longer due to the fact that they don't have the items in stock and so they order them in and then ship them to you. It will take at least two weeks for delivery.
That would be fine and good if they didn't indicate items as 'in stock' on their website or would include a disclaimer when a customer is in the process of submitting an order.

If what you write is true, their current system is pretty deceptive. It must be on purpose too, since they probably intuit that many people would not place orders with them knowing in advance that it will take much longer than it would through another vendor.

This is especially true for riders in places that aren't warm for much of the year. Every riding day is precious here in Illinois! The only reason most people would find waiting worth the extra time would be if Airbomb's prices were substantially lower, which they weren't for most items that I checked.

·
Registered
251 Posts
This may be paranoid. I see that there is some feeling here.Until I get my goods or reslove this. I may stay out of it for a while.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I waited a month and a half for an in-stock item. Multiple unanswered emails. Yet they had the balls to send me ad emails.

You must call them to cancel your order. They seem to be well practiced at cancelling. I will never do business with them again. I will relish bad mouthing them at every opportunity. Reap what ye sow.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ok. Me and Airbomb

I now have my money back, so I am commenting.

My 20/7/2006 order to Airbomb was confirmed (not by me, but to me!) 24/7/2006.
Money was taken out of my account 30/7/2006. I had not heard from them up to 10/8/2006
despite several requests from me..Their order tracking has been "not available at
present" since then. The "5-6 days" is now 17.

I have received another package, that I ordered a week later from elsewhere,
about 4 days ago.

OK. I rang them at 1am Western Aust time on 10th Aug.

They seemed almost _relieved_! WildJackal's comment about their being "practiced at cancelling" is right on the mark.

I asked what the order progress was, and was told there had been a cable missing.
This was three weeks. One brake cable. It would cost them $5 to send it later.
So I said "I want to cancel the order because I have waited 3 weeks and had not had any
replies to my ema...."
"That's done" "Pardon?" "It's cancelled." "Oh. OK....So do I get my money back
right now" "Well it will take some time to process but as of now your money is
no longer ours".

That was it. $400 order just let go.

These guys seem to run rudeness right to the edge of questionable practice.

I really wish this thread and the AEBike one had been here just before I ordered! :-< I tossed between AEBike and Airbomb.

Airbomb had a 10% off sale. AEBike had replied to a couple of emails I had
sent, before purchase. I was going to buy from them. But then there was the
10% and Airbomb had a part I wanted "in stock" (not really, I now find).

So far I am regretting it. I have not bought from AEBike, but they were more
helpful _before_ I was ever a customer than Airbomb are (as in not at all) now
they _have_ my money.

For the $35 I saved, I would change if I could only get Airbomb to acknowledge
that I exist. A call is pretty much out of the question. I live in Australia. Any sort
of conversation over that distance had gotta hurt the pocket.They do not seem
to have a fax number.

I just wish the bastards would answer my emails.This seems to be the biggest
gripe here. They just don't bother.They say they will "confirm my order" when
they suss out the freight. But I never had a chance. They told me the freight.
They had my card number. They proceeded without any further confirmation
from me. They ignore my emails. They say that an email cannot guarantee order
cancellation.

They tell me basically that I will not shop there again over the Net.

So that's Universal Cycles and Airbomb off my list....next? <G>

·
enjoying the kool-aid
779 Posts
This thread should be renamed....

"Who HASN"T has problems dealing with Airbomb?"

luckily I've read way too much about AE, Airbomb and BeyondBikes....

My online favs are:

Bikeman.com
JensonUSA.com
Bikeparts.com
BlueSky.com (good prices, not the best service but it's ok)

Lately I've had good luck with:
Greenfish and Wheelworld

1 - 20 of 22 Posts