Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a new .8 on and when the lockout is on its still got an inch or so of squishy travel. Just enough to make it not even worthwhile... I havent even had a chance to look at the manual or anything so maybe theres something in there.

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
Fillet-brazed said:
Put a new .8 on and when the lockout is on its still got an inch or so of squishy travel. Just enough to make it not even worthwhile... I havent even had a chance to look at the manual or anything so maybe theres something in there.
I think thats just how they are...or all of mine have been...there's some at the top, even when locked out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Out of the

box my WB did that no lock out thing and I sent it back. They fixed it and charged me for labor, they did not charge for the broken parts that needed to be replaced, on what should have been a warranty issue. The lock out is supposed to be full and you should not be able to compress it at all. If it doesn't, send it back, and be prepared to pay. They may be fast with the turn around, but they are not cheap. I no longer like my WB fork for that reason, paying for repair work on a fork that I had ridden for three hours, and have done some searches on this board and found the lock out defect is uncommonly common, especially for a fork that costs as much as it does. Good luck, Ed

·
veinte nueve pulgadas
419 Posts
worthless anyway?

Since you aren't supposed to use the lockout over rough terrain, what's the point? And what classifies as rough terrain anyway? Obviously, you shouldn't hit any drops with it when it is locked out, but where can you use it?

Personally, I'd be happy without the lockout and more copmpression damping adjustment such that I could make it real stiff for the climbs but not necesarily locked out, so that I wouldn't break anything as I might if I forgot to unlock it after a climb.

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
The lockout on my 1.0 and my .8 work just fine.
It isn't rigid when it's locked out..but like the compressions is jacked up suuuuuper high.
Works fine for me and the steep standing climbs....no bobs...
I actually prefer to swing the compression lever almost to lockout but not lock it out...helps keep the front tracking straight...

That said...I'll be selling one of them here pretty soon.... I think the .8 is going bye bye....

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
No problems with my new 1.0

Lockout really does feel like lockout. There's very little if any "travel" when it's in lockout. The fact that you can't do any heavy duty riding in lockout mode is too bad, but it is nice for climbing and fast flat sections. Like Padre, most of the time I find myself riding with it as stiff as it will go without actually being locked out. Still plenty cushy compared with the rigid forks I've gotten used to (and I've noticed no loss of steering precision).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.