Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking this over with my girlfriend last night and we both have noticed we see a lot more serious bike commuters on the streets lately. By serious I mean people wearing helmets, moving quickly, carrrying backpacks or have panniers, riding on the street (not the sidewalk), and riding real bikes.

I'm wondering if the gas prices are prompting people to ride their bikes instead of driving. If so that's pretty cool. Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a friend that takes the Metrolink into downtown LA and the rides his bike to and from the train station to go to work and home. he loves to ride in LA and gets in some good mileage for commuting (approx. 15 miles a day).

i would commute by bike if i could

·
Registered
43 Posts
No more rain, months of no exercise because of the rain, and gas prices at a all time high, all make for a favorable commute.
I have noticed alot more people on bikes especially on recumbant type bikes.

·
Registered
981 Posts
The rain has stopped and the sun doesn't set til around 7:30pm now. Maybe people are more appreciative our nice weather now that they have tasted foul weather.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i have been riding to school and work for two reason, save money and give me time to train. even thought it is only 20 miles total i get better training than sit on my ass inside a car. this week i got hit by a car who was making a right turn without signaling and looking. So Be Very Careful, most driver are not that smart and don't care if they drive recklessly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.