Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on universal cycle but can't find any other info or pics elsewhere on the net.
FSA K-Force Light MegaExo Mountain Crankset

State of the art bladder molded hollow carbon monocoque arm/spider
Features FSA ceramic cartridge bearings with smoother, lighter balls
24mm CrMo spindle fixed into drive arm
MegaExo bottom bracket with oversized external alloy bearing cups
22/32/44t CNC 7075 rings with ramps/pins
Includes 7075 Torx T-30 chainring bolts. 620g

last years k forces came in around 850g, seems like a significant drop in weight.

does anyone know anything about them?????

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
mtbkr_cookie said:
I found this on universal cycle but can't find any other info or pics elsewhere on the net.
FSA K-Force Light MegaExo Mountain Crankset

State of the art bladder molded hollow carbon monocoque arm/spider
Features FSA ceramic cartridge bearings with smoother, lighter balls
24mm CrMo spindle fixed into drive arm
MegaExo bottom bracket with oversized external alloy bearing cups
22/32/44t CNC 7075 rings with ramps/pins
Includes 7075 Torx T-30 chainring bolts. 620g

last years k forces came in around 850g, seems like a significant drop in weight.

does anyone know anything about them?????
The MTB version is not out until March. The road version is, but only comes in compact or compact with 52/38 rings. The weight is supposed to be very close the the claimed 630g with BB!

MRSP $699.99

But the price will kill you!

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
That's a very nice weight indeed IF it's accurate. I just can't seem to handle the FSA graphics for some reason- UGG!:eekster: But, until this offering, integrated BB cranks have been way too heavy for me- except for the Extralite but, big $$ for that and marginal stiffness reported by others. So, for now I'm going back to a standard taper spindle BB/crankset combo for bearing longevity, reasonable $$ and weight savings. I like the idea of installing a BB ONCE in my bike and then forgeting about it like the good 'ol days prior to ISIS.

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts

·
Heart Plumber
333 Posts
The wrench slipped a bit for a nanosecond. I cried silently for 10 minutes (no one saw me).

·
Heart Plumber
333 Posts
Guys, you know how it is sometimes. I got the cranks, felt unbelievable light, and the ¨ I need to ride this baby now ¨ bug caught me. Didn´t even think in weight anything. Just installed and ride it in a second.

The BB is almost to beautiful to be used, and the carbon in the cranks is stunning. They look all business. I forgot how much money this crankset costed me. If you want the ultimate bling put this on your bike. 200 grs less that the LX´s they replace!!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
JDO said:
The wrench slipped a bit for a nanosecond. I cried silently for 10 minutes (no one saw me).
A little red felt pen should take care of that. At least make it less noticable.

I was looking at those for my new sled but they weren't available at the time.

·
Heart Plumber
333 Posts
Yep, that seems the way to go. Thanks

I always rise a brow when I heard a review praising the rigidity felt right away, or The rear tire felt 13% more confident. But yeah, when one rides a lot little and subtle changes can be felt. This cranks felt rigid and the shifting was crystal. More than the new XTR ?, don´t know, haven´t tried it.

What I know is that I caught myself petting the cranks and whispering sweet words promising great rides. No one saw me neither, I swear.

·
Compulsive Bike Builder
1,512 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
a couple of weeks ago

DirtDad said:
620 grams is for the road crank, just like I thought. FSA has updated their website and now quotes 750 grams for the MTB crankset....

http://www.fullspeedahead.com/fly.aspx?layout=product&taxid=52&pid=837

I would still like to see a set on a scale.

someone showed it on a scale, it was like 770grams, so just a hair lighter than
xtr which are basically coming in at 785. i replaced my xtr with this crank and
like it so far

·
the train keeps rollin
3,214 Posts
Wondering what the weight is without rings, for an accurate comaparision to XTR.

The Big Ring on FSA is butt f'n ugly :yikes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts