Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
StraightOuttaCompton
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbsup: I want to change my front rotor to 203mm from 160mm using the universal IS bracket extension.

Has anyone changed this like i want to? want to share results with me before i spend the money to change them?

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Don't get a bracket extension. Just purchase the correct adapter.

What fork do you have? Some forks are not rated for 203mm rotors. The braking forces can cause accelerated bushing wear, it can even cause the dropouts to crack. Make sure that your fork can take it.

Why do you want to move up to 203mm rotors? Are you experiencing significant fade? If not, there is no real good reason to. Bigger rotors are, of course, heavier, and they hang closer to the ground, and are thus more prone to damage.

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
Follow Will's advice... avid makes the right adapters for every size.. and check with your fork manufacturer....

I think you could try a 185mm rotor first..it is a bit lighter than 203mm and might provide enough power for your needs....

how much do you weigh? are you a very aggressive rider?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.