Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
the train keeps rollin
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YoG, have you been out to HP since the ice storm?

Trails free of ice?

NH is funked up:madman:

I'm working in Mass today, seems the ice did not hit so hard, HP should be good 2 go?

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
snowdrifter said:
YoG, have you been out to HP since the ice storm?

Trails free of ice?

NH is funked up:madman:

I'm working in Mass today, seems the ice did not hit so hard, HP should be good 2 go?
I have not been out there since the storm. But judging how things are down here (ice storm being a wash) I think you should be good. I bet there will be just patches here and there.

G

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
Good riding down that way? Let me know, I might make a trip down tomorrow. We got about two inches too much of snow up this way. I would be happy if the trails were absolutely covered in ice. Snow...not so much.

·
the train keeps rollin
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
indyfab25 said:
Good riding down that way? Let me know, I might make a trip down tomorrow. We got about two inches too much of snow up this way. I would be happy if the trails were absolutely covered in ice. Snow...not so much.
HP has miles and miles of techy singletrack, one problem, trails are not marked and go everywhere, route finding nightmare for me... I may ride there Friday if we do not get snow between now and then. Trails in Southern NH are solid ice, good for studs I would guess.

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
snowdrifter said:
HP has miles and miles of techy singletrack, one problem, trails are not marked and go everywhere, route finding nightmare for me... I may ride there Friday if we do not get snow between now and then. Trails in Southern NH are solid ice, good for studs I would guess.
Let me know if you want a dope route.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Harold Parker is fine. We didn't get any ice at all in MA. You'll see some frozen puddles here and there but that's about it. The ground is completely frozen so the trails are really fast and sticky.

I agree with the good trails on Harold Parker being all over the place statement. I just started riding this place and I only know about the NRT stuff. I'll need more exploring to fine the "miles and miles" of singletrack.

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
woodyak said:
Harold Parker is fine. We didn't get any ice at all in MA. You'll see some frozen puddles here and there but that's about it. The ground is completely frozen so the trails are really fast and sticky.

I agree with the good trails on Harold Parker being all over the place statement. I just started riding this place and I only know about the NRT stuff. I'll need more exploring to fine the "miles and miles" of singletrack.
well you will be in heaven when you find all the flow in this spot.

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
jeremyp111 said:
Would a first timer get lost without a guide??? Are the trail maps any good or is it better to just go out and explore? I'm thinking about giving HP a go on the solo, but I've never been.
Here is the deal with HP. First off the trails rip and have incredible flow, but some sections are very scattered and need to be linked up proper. The key to HP for sure. Once known solid HP is a very special place. Trails are well made by riders who ALL ride.

You could deffinately just jump in HP solo or green and find fun stuff to ride. Just know, the trail maps are total weaksauce. The best stuff is deep in the forrest so local knowledge is always a plus.

Come spring I will be posting HP rides on the regular.
Greg

·
Registered
330 Posts
YoGreg-route?

I've been following the thread and planning on coming down from VT to ride in balmy MA on Sunday-any chance of getting a deep woods route to be able to tie together the best that's tucked away in HP?

Much appreciated, happy to do the same anytime for anyone headed towards central VT-Waterbury, Montpelier, Millstone, Hinesburg,etc.

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
angelo said:
I've been following the thread and planning on coming down from VT to ride in balmy MA on Sunday-any chance of getting a deep woods route to be able to tie together the best that's tucked away in HP?

Much appreciated, happy to do the same anytime for anyone headed towards central VT-Waterbury, Montpelier, Millstone, Hinesburg,etc.
pm on the way hommie
Greg.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.