Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a cheap frame for all mountain, with 6" travel, and Haro seems to be great option.
Does Someone have these frames or can help me in this choice?
Which would be more efficient to riding and lighter (without shock)?
One came with Perl , other with Fox Van R coil. I think coil shock can be better, I dont know..
Please, Help me, Haro Xeon or Haro X6 LT frame (both 2008 ) ?

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a Haro X6 and love it but if you want light and efficient go with the xeon. I have heard it is supposed to pedal pretty well.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a 2009 Haro Xeon and pretty happy with it. It pedals well on ascends and enough travel for big unexpected drops. I weigh 152 lbs and the Pearl shock works well for me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have decided to go to X6 Lt because I will go to DH more than uphill.

Does Anyone know the differences between x6 and x6 lt?
Does not haro have X7 lt? I only saw X7

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think the LT came with a longer fork than the regular X6. I'm pretty sure it also came with slightly upgraded components. If you're just getting the frame it most likely won't be much difference. Good luck and post some pictures once you get it set up.

·
Member of The Yeti Tribe
704 Posts
I rode a older X7 and it is definatly a gravity specific bike.. I have a very good buddy that swears by the Xeon.. he is a 250lbs rider and he rides that bike very aggressive AM and it holds up to him very well.. Xeon for any kinds of AM, a X6 lt if you are looking for a smaller travel FR bike.. The X6 should be 40 ish lbs. the Xeon would be lighter.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have already bought X6 frame. I will ride and speak about it here . The problem now is the fork... Im thinking to put a rockshox revelation 150mm . This is a light and cheap suspension but is not 160mm . What do you think ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
i had an x6 a few years ago and i think it was one of the best bikes i ever had and it did everything relativly well no matter what people say, i loved it

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my friend told me that this system is not too good. Single pivot is old and hit too much. It would be only for freeride, and the actual systems as VP or DWL are much more efficient , in uphill as downhill.
But I bought this frame following MTBR reviews .
Is this system really good ?

About fork ... Revelation 150mm (light and cheap) or other 160mm (lyrik , fox,..., heavy and not cheap) to put in Haro X6 LT?
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
why is the system not good one of the best trail bikes the orange five is single pivot, it's horses for coarses, and just out of interest am i missing out on something, just you said the revalation is a cheap fork......eh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts