Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a Haro Werx SS frame that I posted both in the MTBR classifieds section and on eBay recently (ends on wednesday night), but haven't had a lot of luck selling it. I was wondering what the value of one of these frames is. Has anyone else sold one? I know I saw one on eBay sell for ~$400 recently, but that doesn't seem to be the trend.

Anyway...hoping to get some guidance for selling it in case it doesn't sell this time, because it's not looking good.

Thanks!
marjama

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did I know that I should expect that kind of a reply? "Hey, it's only worth $1, but I'll give you $5 just 'cause I'm so nice!". Jeeze...thanks! HA!

Anyone have a real value?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the chromoly EBB version...

Yep...'a nice cake' is right, it's the new steel version. It's a sweet frame, as long as you are into single speeding. I tried it, but it just wasn't for me. I have way too many bikes now and don't really need an unbuilt frame sitting around...

The new steel frames are cool. Disk brake only with vertical drop outs. This is one of the 'rare' frames that also has a rear derraileur hanger. I bought it on a whim thinking 'yeah, that's a great idea'. Well...the bike turned out really cool...I just never rode it.

Maybe there aren't too many of these frames floating around out there yet? Doesn't sound like anyone really has a value for it...?

Thanks!
marjama

·
Wandering not Lost
632 Posts

here is one of the rare deur hanger versions....w/ a new paint scheme...

I love this frame...great welds and sweet feel of steel....only made better with a jones h bar

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
BThor said:

I love this frame...great welds and sweet feel of steel....only made better with a jones h bar
Yours is the one I was thinking of. I think I migh use a similar color blue on my new build for next year totally different scheme though.

·
Wandering not Lost
632 Posts
I am having a Strong racing Ti frame built....and spectrum powder works is going to paint the front...sticking w/ the Baby blue/ wht flame theme....w/ a ti a natureal finish on the rear...cannot wait

look for the debut in mid feb.....and I do admit it will be a bling speed...

·
Registered
6 Posts
BThor said:

I was thinking how wild it was that I saw a bike just like this at Rockledge the other day...then I realized it was the same one.

·
www.justthebonnet.com
1,475 Posts
BThor, did you paint that yourself? Very nice. Did you strip the paint before the repaint? What did you use to strip the paint? What paint did you repaint it with?? Rattle can or have someone paint it?
Also what is the Bottom bracket size on the Haro, 68 or 73?? thanks alot.

·
Wandering not Lost
632 Posts
Capt_phun said:
BThor, did you paint that yourself? Very nice. Did you strip the paint before the repaint? What did you use to strip the paint? What paint did you repaint it with?? Rattle can or have someone paint it?
Also what is the Bottom bracket size on the Haro, 68 or 73?? thanks alot.

actually the paint is a two fold process....the baby blue was a powder coat ...the roughed up and the flames were sprayed and cleared....all done here in dallas ...

as far as the bb I honestly do not know....I love this bike...great value and a blast to ride.

Look for my next creation...the flames will continue...along w/ the color scheme

·
Wandering not Lost
632 Posts
well if you did not use an international board and just asked me ...you dolt I would tell you ....but to all those that do not know me...yes I am...

and to answer your query ...a guy down in pleaseant grove...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts