Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm a dog person
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about the Haro Werx 5? Frame weight? Total weight? How does the new suspension work? Does anyone have any pictures of the new frame's suspension (the pictures of drive side I've found obscures the lilnkage)?

Thanks.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
emptybeer said:
Anyone know anything about the Haro Werx 5? Frame weight? Total weight? How does the new suspension work? Does anyone have any pictures of the new frame's suspension (the pictures of drive side I've found obscures the lilnkage)?Thanks.
Haro's are under rated bikes. Good luck on pics around the bike. Possibly a person on a XC thread might be able to assist you, sory.
http://www.harobikes.com/2004/werksxls/

·
I'm a dog person
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jessep said:
it's a DW-link isn't it? Just check out an iron horse to get the picture of how it works..
I looked at IH's site. The DW link and this new "Virtual Link" from Haro are very different.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not A Dw Link

Jessep said:
it's a DW-link isn't it? Just check out an iron horse to get the picture of how it works..
The DW link and the Haro linkange is not the same.

People need to understand the differnces in Virtual Pivot designs, they are not all the same nomatter what your buddy has told you. Santa Cruz, Intense, Iron Horse, Giant, all have VPP bikes but the placement of the linkages is where the money is at.

I don't know much about the Haro's linkange system except that the bottom link pivots around the bottom bracket. Haro claims this eliminates peadling forces and cahin forces on the suspension. The upper inkage you can clearly see in any picture you have seen of the bike.

The main problem with this suspension and all VPP suspensions that are NOT DW is that the VPP is not in front of the bottom bracket at all times. This makes the suspension suseptable to braking forces. however on a five inch travel bike that has a supple suspension braking forces may not be a big deal.

I will say that at the 05 sea otter Haro released a prototype of the bike. Their XC pro wanted to race the bike in the short track event because it pedaled so well. that is saying a lot, when an XC racer wants to change equipment before a race it must be good.

·
I'm a dog person
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lovemonkey said:
If you can get ahold of the October 05 issue of MBA there are a number of pics of the non drive side.
Can you scan one or two and post them here?

·
I throw poo
420 Posts
Your wish...

...is my command.

I wish they made a more "trail" oriented version of it, I'd hate to have to buy one and do a fork swap that voided my warrenty. It would be a great FS bike for ss conversion IMHO.

Attachments

·
I'm a dog person
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lovemonkey said:
...is my command.

I wish they made a more "trail" oriented version of it, I'd hate to have to buy one and do a fork swap that voided my warrenty. It would be a great FS bike for ss conversion IMHO.
Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.