Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
south style steady
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a friend who is selling his Sonix's Bar 2.1 shock, I would like to know if I could transplant this to my Shift R1? Do they have the same eye to eye length? Thanks! By the way what is the eye to eye length of both frames?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
The eye-to-eye lengths are different between the Shift and Sonix bikes so no, not compatible.

Here are the dimensions for each bike:

Sonix:
Eye to eye: 190mm
Stroke: 50.8mm
Hardware: 25.4mm spacers on both ends; M6 bolts on both ends

Shift:
Eye to eye: 200mm
Stroke: 50.8mm
Hardware: 22.1mm spacer on frame mount end, 25.4mm spacer on swingarm end; M6 bolts on both ends

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm looking at the Monarch4.2 as an upgrade for my SonixLT. I know they have the DUALAIR version which will be perfect as you can tune it more than the soloair

RS monarch 4.2 configurations

190 x 50mm (7.5 x 2.0") ---- stock for our SonixLT
200 x 50 (7.875 x 2.0") ---- 10mm longer
200 x 57mm (7.875 x 2.25") ---- 10mm longer plus 7mm more stroke (more travel???)

hmmm I believe the 200mm monarch will make the rear end stand higher thus change the geometry somehow.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
The longer eye-to-eye might have the potential to really knock the bike's geometry out of whack because it's about a half inch longer than what the bike was designed around. My guess is it will also throw the leverage ratio off which make make the shock set-up a problem as well. I can't say that I have had heard of anyone trying to install a rear shock with a longer eye-to-eye on their Sonix bike, but it's not something I'd recommend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.