Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Haro X2, and was wondering who else rides Haro's. I was wanting to know your comments on your bike, and if you liked it. Also post pictures of you and your bike.

·
Registered
384 Posts
triguy247 said:
I recently purchased a Haro X2, and was wondering who else rides Haro's. I was wanting to know your comments on your bike, and if you liked it. Also post pictures of you and your bike.
I rode a Haro Escape A2, then an A3 for about 10 years. The bike fit so very nice, light weight, strong. When it was time to purchase a full suspension, I wanted a Haro as well, but couldn't find a Mt Bike dealer (only bmx) in my area. I think they are great rides.

Check out the product reviews section for your bike... should have some quality information there. Also...kinda cool to have one, cause they are not as popular as other models.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My current bike is an old Vector V2, when I bought it it had Rigid Forks, since then almost everything has changed I think the only things that are original are the frame and the seat and seat post.. other then that most needed to be replaced

One thing that I found interested was when you blew buy a bunch of BMXers you'd usually get a few comments about the bike, "Hey thats a HARO!"

Its lasted me quite a while and I've definitly abused it, its soon to be replaced by a Gary Fisher (not sure on the model yet)

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
i also just bought a haro x2 about four weeks ago, only its the 04 model because lbs shop gave me a great deal on it, it rides really well but the front fork (marzocchi exr pro) is terrible for a freeride bike, other than that it has been great.

·
Scofflaw Mountain Biker
2,730 Posts
I bought a 2004 Extreme X1 in January '05 and have been very happy with my choice. I knew going in I would be doing some upgrading but that's half the fun.:D At 220lbs I wanted a frame that could take the abuse of aggressive xc riding by a clyde, the Haro has exceeded my expectations in this. The upgrades I have done so far, (I promise dear, I'm almost done ;) ) fork Minute 1:00, rear shock Fox vanila SPD, wheels Sun Singletrack w XT hubs, derailleur XT R - LX F, Terry saddle, Kore stem, Sram 970 cassette, XT shifters and levers, HMX1 calipers with El Camino 8in rotors, etc, etc. The thing rides sweet.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I found this post looking for comments on El Camino brakes but I figured I'd pipe up. I ride a Haro. Mine's a 2004 Werx XLS. It's my second one, used to have a 2003 Extreme X3. Alot of people turn their nose up at them but whatever... just how nice can you make a single pivot bike anyway? Haro can build bikes that hang with some heavyweight contenders. I mean, even Santa Cruz bikes are coming out of Taiwan just like Haro so who cares. I think limited choices are hurting them though. They are making some pretty nice and cheap freeride/trail bikes nowadays but you only have the choice of what they provide. I mean, they should offer some build and paint choices. They should at least allow for a shock upgrade on some of the "extreme" line of bikes. The only separate 5" or 6" freeride frame you can buy separately is pretty beefy but it only has a Metel shock and only comes in one finish/color? Their singlespeed frame is painted like it came from the 70's? And they're really expecting to sell alot of them? Some people fall in love, but the odds of a person getting matched up with a bike he really wants for the budget he wants with the build he wants and the color/finish he wants are really slim. So what happens? Nobody buys them. They sit in the store for months then eventually get dumped on eBay for wholesale cost, leading everybody to believe that they're a cheap POS, especially since the prices are a little lower than the competition anyway if you get a full build. The bike I've got is pretty much identical to a SuperLite except stronger, anodized frame, mailbox shaped hydroformed tubing, gussetted the same way as some 5" dirt jump bikes they've made, pretty nice. I ride in the Shawnee National Forest alot which has hundreds of miles of some pretty nasty trails, I slam it against rocks constantly, ride it in gritty mud alot, even put a 6" Nixon on what is supposed to be a 4" lightweight XC bike then took it off 5" drops to flat ground and even told the warranty department what I was doing... they didn't care and it still looks and feels nearly brand new. All that and I've seen these Werx XLS frames on eBay in the $300 range, brand new. I got my bike for $1,600 brand new... it's a $2,800 bike. I don't know of a single other bike company that performs as well yet has such a hard time with prices and reputation among non-owners.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Broke my frame!!

Is a 2002 Werks 2.0 I was so happy with this bike for the las couple of years untill today. Does any one knows what is Haro's policy on warranty? It broke at the welded tube next to the seat tube so I think is a defect in their crafmanship. I'm refering to the tube that goes from the bottombraket to the rear shock (swimgram triangule?)

·
Registered
421 Posts
I bought an '04 Haro X2 last January and love it. I am amazed at it's versatility. It's strong enough for freeride but light enough for XC.

At first I wasn't impressed with the fork (EXR pro) but after changing the oil weight (10 wt) and raising the level it can take some pretty big hits. I also had to change the rear shock spring to 700#s to get the correct sag. I havn't done anything more than 10' to transition but I feel confident the bike can take whatever I can put it through at my freeride skill level.

Since summer It's too hot for freeride gear so I have it set up for XC riding. To stiffen the bike up, I lowered the rear shock to the 5" setting, dropped the fork oil to 7wt. and increased the spring preload. It's a little heavy but bombs right through the roughest terrain better than lower travel lightweight XC bikes that I pass on the trail and climbs just as well (It's the engine not the bike).

The X2 has exceeded my expectations. I have put a lot of miles on my bike. I have almost worn out the rear tire as well as worn the pins off the pedals but have not had a single problem with anything. At $850 this is one of the best purchases I have ever made. I will definitely buy another Haro.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I personally dont have a haro, but 6 of my riding buddies have them. 5 own x1s and 1 has a x2, and all they do is rave about them. I have ridden them and i can say for the price they are very nice bikes. There is a reason that everyone i ride with owns one, they are good bikes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've got an '04 XLS R5. This is my first bike as I just starting riding this past January. Everyone I talked to said that Haro makes the best bike per $$ and for my first bike that's really what I was looking for. Solid bike, solid performance, and solid price...this bike has come through for me and I'm really liking it.

This is my first attempt at posting a picture, hopefully it comes through as intended, if not, somebody will have to enlighten me in the ways of image posting. I apologize for the lack of cool background, you just get the bare wall of my apartment. I fear for my camera's well-being joining me on the trail.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.