Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· enjoys skidding
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas,

I have a Mary SS and have come across a cheap 445mm A-C White Bros Rock Solid rigid fork that I'm thinking of chucking on it.

I have read that it will fit a 29" wheel, but not sure on how this will change the geometry of my bike.

Has anyone done this (or similar) before, are there any major issues I should be concerned about?

Thanks. :D

· Registered
27 Posts
At the moment I've got a 425mm rock solid on my peace 9r which is approx the same geometry as a mary. I like it. It's a little bit twitchy, so I reckon a 445mm would be great. This is what I will probably end up getting for my peace when I swap the 425mm back to my xxix.

· EXORCIZE
2,222 Posts
I think the stock Mary fork is 472mm. I personally wouldn't try a 445mm - it would make the steering too fast and (for me at least) the front end too short and maybe too much weight forward. I put an F29 @ 80mm (480mm unsagged, 44mm offset) on my Mary and love the handling. If I go back to rigid, I'd go with a approx 465mm and 44mm offset like the Rock Solid 29er fork.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.