I9 Rear wheel w/ Flow rim and Slant 6 2.2
Hope Front wheel w/ Flow rim and Maxxis Ardent 2.4
Easton EC70 680 Carbon bars
Zeus Seatpost
BB7's
ESI chunkies
M520 pedals
Geared 32x19

24.25 pounds with pedals (mostly due to the heavy wheels and rubber). Going to the Niner fork (540 grams) dropped almost two pounds. The stock fork is around 3 pounds. I was getting a lot of shoe/tire rub with the Ardent and stock fork. The Niner fork with the larger rake is helping with that, but I still get it from time to time.

Looking at a 09 ss mary and perhaps getting a niner carbon fork as well but the niner forks I'm finding are tapered and I thought the mary was designed for a straight and not tapered fork?

Did niner once manufacture straight and now only make tapered? Is there a way to get an adapter? This question should have been 1st but, the 09 mary ss was designed for non-tapered right?

·
EXORCIZE
2,239 Posts
Looking at a 09 ss mary and perhaps getting a niner carbon fork as well but the niner forks I'm finding are tapered and I thought the mary was designed for a straight and not tapered fork?

Did niner once manufacture straight and now only make tapered? Is there a way to get an adapter? This question should have been 1st but, the 09 mary ss was designed for non-tapered right?
'09 Mary was designed for a non-tapered fork. No adapter can make it work with a tapered fork. Niner made a non-tapered carbon fork for years.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
They are hard to find, I looked for quite awhile. Mostly on CL, but check ebay and pinkbike too. Good luck, I found a fox fork for 200 bucks and I am pretty stoked on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Mary was bought as a friends bike but is growing on me more and more and has replaced my Karate Monkey as the ride of choice. Absolutely rock steady handling. I get comments about the look of the wheels with the bike every time I ride

Magura Marta SL brakes
Rock Shox Reba fork
Cane Creek S2 headset
Cane Creek Thudbuster LT
Bontrager CRZ+ Sport saddle
Industry Nine Wheels using DT Swiss Rims and orange spokes
Panaracer Rampage tires
Chris King stainless cog
ODI Rogue Lockon Grips
Dangerboy endcaps
Odyssey Cielencki copper platform pedals
Weight 28.22
What size rotors did you go with?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yea, the Haro is non-tapered. When I bought the niner CF fork used they were fairly popular still but had discontinued them or were in the process of discontinuing them.

I'm getting ready to put a bushnell EBB in it due to set screw issues. On paper, it should work, and I think I read that someone placed one without any problems. I will report back on my findings.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I've thought about putting a Fox on my twin to yours honestly. I've had 2-3 hardtails not but this one is my favorite.
You should, I love it. The rigid was beating me up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Picked this frame up for cheap. Started life off as mostly a spare parts build (still kind of is).

A new STX and XT 11sp drivetrain has recently found its way on as well as a new set of STC brakes. The frame is a SS that I converted over to geared.

So tempted to build carbn wheels for it....

haro.jpg

321 - 333 of 333 Posts