Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

301 - 320 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
IMG_20130328_135104_898.jpg I'll get better pics later but here is what I've got for now.

2008 Haro Mary SS
16" Frame

RaceFace Dues Ex Headset
Raceface Air Alloy Low Riser Handlebars
Specialized 6* 110mm Stem
OURY Red Grips
WTB Pure V Saddle
Kalloy SPC-105 Carbon Seatpost 31.6
RaceFace Ride OE Crankset (White) w \ GXP Bottom Bracket
Junk Pedals for now until I upgrade to nicer ones.
Avid Elixr 5 brakes 185mm front 160 rear
WTB LaserDisc Trail Wheelset (Stock Rims but off a Redline so Redline hubs)
GEAX Seguaro Front WTB Weirwolf Rear
SR Suntour Fork w/ lockout. (Might go rigid later)

Pics are from my cell so bare with me. I tend to have the shaky hand.

IMG_20130323_122248_826.jpg IMG_20130323_122320.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone give me some tips? Just ordered a Rock Shox front suspension fork. Looking for some tips and advice for installing. Never changed a rigid to susp.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2009 Mary SS

DSC_18408.jpg
Here is my Mary SS. I love the bike! Would not mind a front suspension fork but like the beefy one on it. This was when I got it in 2009 before I changed the Mary bars. Changed gearing to give me a little bit more speed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I see alot of Rock SHox on these SS, how they holding up? I have gotten one ride on mine but need to replace the stock headset

·
Registered
520 Posts
2009 Haro Mary SS
Niner Carbon Fork
I9 Rear wheel w/ Flow rim and Slant 6 2.2
Hope Front wheel w/ Flow rim and Maxxis Ardent 2.4
Easton EC70 680 Carbon bars
Zeus Seatpost
BB7's
ESI chunkies
M520 pedals
Geared 32x19

24.25 pounds with pedals (mostly due to the heavy wheels and rubber). Going to the Niner fork (540 grams) dropped almost two pounds. The stock fork is around 3 pounds. I was getting a lot of shoe/tire rub with the Ardent and stock fork. The Niner fork with the larger rake is helping with that, but I still get it from time to time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

Just bought myself a 2th hand Mary SS, I've never had a SS before so it's a brand new world for me!

About the EBB, can some of you help me out and tell me what tool I have to use to loosen up the chain tension?

Thnks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
You need an allen key to unscrew the two screws under the bottom bracket and then you can adjust the chain tension by rotating the EBB.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You need an allen key to unscrew the two screws under the bottom bracket and then you can adjust the chain tension by rotating the EBB.
Ok thanks! But I don't need something special to put in the 2 holes in the EBB? I can just use any regular key that fits 1 of the 2 holes?

·
Registered
139 Posts
The two holes at EBB are for helping to rotate it. Just put a rod (allen key , screwdriver, whatever), and rotate the crank, this way will help you to rotate the EBB easily.

·
ridin' Mary
359 Posts
My 2007 Mary SS. She's covered many miles with a Rohloff speedhub on the back end. Many more miles as a well upgraded singlespeed (replacing almost every component). I finally got another singlespeed frame, and Mary was stripped and sat neglected for the last year.

I found a bunch of parts including many pieces that came with Mary when she was new in my random parts bin. Found some other stuff used from swap-meets and craigslist. Built her up as my 1x9 local commuter to fetch groceries and beer, and to get me to the gym and library. She came out sweet looking as ever. You can put any manner of odd parts and components on Mary and she comes out beautiful every time. Even as a work mule.

14045824953_83b256e6d9_c.jpg

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Found a fork oncraigslist thought "why not" 2008 Fox F29

I was looking for a carbon fork but could not find one less than 300 and didn't want to buy used. Found this one for 150
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

301 - 320 of 333 Posts