Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mary XC

Just picked up a complete bike last week at the LBS for $1000. They told me the frame/fork would be $440. BTW, this is the best steel 29er I have seen or had FOR THE MONEY. All the normal issues have been dealt with: tire clearance, fork clearance, toe overlap are not a problem with this frame.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Details

It was somewhere in OK and yes it was the geared with Reba version. All I wanted was the frameset but couldn't pass up the deal. I don't want to cause difficulties for the shop so suffice it to say they said they had bills coming due and needed to get their money back. I purchased a size SM and they told me they still had a MD and a LG. If you want to PM me I'll give additional detail.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Riderjtt

What's the standover on the SM?
Thanks

riderjtt said:
It was somewhere in OK and yes it was the geared with Reba version. All I wanted was the frameset but couldn't pass up the deal. I don't want to cause difficulties for the shop so suffice it to say they said they had bills coming due and needed to get their money back. I purchased a size SM and they told me they still had a MD and a LG. If you want to PM me I'll give additional detail.

·
Registered
56 Posts
standover

The standover is 30.8", I just measured. I believe that is exactly what is stated in the Haro specs.

·
recognize the slowness
483 Posts
I too am in OK but I am about do drop some cash on the Mary ss (swweeet deal from the LBS owner) as I don't want to spend extra for the geared parts and just replace them but I like the possiblity of having gears later. I rode the XC around the parking lot and think it was perfect. It was the 20" and it fit perfecly. Awesome! Well worth the price.

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
Could you weigh it?

riderjtt said:
Just picked up a complete bike last week at the LBS for $1000. They told me the frame/fork would be $440. BTW, this is the best steel 29er I have seen or had FOR THE MONEY. All the normal issues have been dealt with: tire clearance, fork clearance, toe overlap are not a problem with this frame.
for comparison thanks .....

·
Registered
114 Posts
rider jtt,
I can't decide between a 17" Redline MC 29er and 18" Mary SS. I'm 5'11" witha 31" inseam but just noticed that the stand over hieght on the Mary is a little bit taller. If you don't mind me asking how tall are you and what is your inseam. Wondering if I should go with a 16" Mary instead.

BTW, nice scripture quote.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sizing for Mary

Well, I'm 5'9" with a 31" inseam. Standover is good for me, but I would think(in my humble, unprofessional opinion) that the 16" would be too small for you in the TT length. BTW, I can't say enough good about the Mary, great design, great spec for the price. Anyone close to Tulsa, OK should check with Bicycles of Tulsa, they have a couple in stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.