Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this bike. I haven't yet ridden it apart from the bike store parking lot.

Just wondering if anyone knows about this bike, and why there's no information about it anywhere? I know that its a 2009, but its not in the 2009 Haro catalog. They only show the Mary SS and XC. Mine is basically half way in between the two - the rigid fork (and no front der) of the SS, but the frame of the XC.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thats sweet. I really like the mary, especially the xc in orange. I have yet to see a 1x9 though (at least one labeled as one). I would love to find a gem like that at my lbs.

·
Riding or Drumming
213 Posts
Maybe a limited production run? I had an '08 3X9 Mary. VERY similar build with Ritchey components, Deore/WTB wheelset, etc BUT with Reba.

I like yours. Pretty cool !!

·
WWYD?
1,603 Posts
What no chain-checker? Nice build and color! I have the same stem, crank, brakes and tires on my Redline Flight.

But I would look into a chain watcher because that chain might hop off when your in the rough and in a high gear.

·
I heart bikes!
204 Posts
Killer!

You got yourself a killer bike there sir! I have had many bikes but the bike I will NEVER get rid of is my Mary SS. I have used it as a ss mtn bike, a geared mtn bike, a ss commuter, a geared commuter....the possibilities are endless!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I emailed Haro, they said "a few" were sold here in Canada and overseas, but none in the US.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your bike is nice, Haro Mary is one of best for me, Yesterday I finished building my new Mary SS 2010 - custom paint - and is ready to be tested in the dirt. I hope this bike will perform as good as the one you have. I will post an update sometime this weekend.

·
Registered
295 Posts
micah356 said:
I just bought this bike. I haven't yet ridden it apart from the bike store parking lot.

Just wondering if anyone knows about this bike, and why there's no information about it anywhere? I know that its a 2009, but its not in the 2009 Haro catalog. They only show the Mary SS and XC. Mine is basically half way in between the two - the rigid fork (and no front der) of the SS, but the frame of the XC.

That thing is beautiful, and no, I have never seen one. Get yourself an N-Gear Jumpstop and ride the heck out of that thing. I have always loved the traditional double triangle Haro Mary's for some reason. Seriously great looking bike.

·
Registered
632 Posts
hey.....BIKELAND in Barrie, Ontario has some of these....1X9 Mary, and Single Speed Ally......size 16 and 18.....705-726-7372.

I ride/race for these guys, they have been in business for 35 years - the perfect LBS.

......LC(cheers)

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
That is a nice looking bike. It almost looks like someone took the Mary XC frame, a Vassago ODIS fork, and custome painted the both of them. On the Mary SS Haro uses a different fork design.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm, I hadn't noticed that the SS had a different fork. Everything else on the bike is shared with either the SS or XC.

I did actually buy it at Bikeland, haha.

I just used my old Rebel XT with the kit lens. IMO the photos look good because of the perfect overcast daylight, and I gave the bike a coat of Turtle Wax beforehand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hold on to these, they are rare

I recently tried to track down a new "old stock" Mary 1/9 but it seems they are gone for good. Such a cool bike, too bad they didn't have a wider release when they came out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts