Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

So happy to be back on big wheels. well here it is nothing flash, but serviceable and will do the job.

I have done some upgrade already in the pic, new bars/stem/levers bar ends/grips. (Syncros big fixed bar, Pro Stem, Sram 7.0 composite levers, RavX lock-on grips and barends). Specialized seat post & Ravx saddle.

More to come:2nd wheelset with '45 tyres, On-One carbon fork (still undecided on this 1 might keep for the next project, a gearey), and Avid BB7's.

Would love opinions, and yes it aint the flashest this around but neither is my budget any more, home loan & married life are getting in the way, and the fact i no longer work for a bike shop.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
I like it.

Since you asked for comments - those composite levers will be uber-flexy. I had some 9.0s, they went back in the spare parts box.

Better off using some Cane Creek direct curves or Avids.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all

Hey gang,

New part yet to be added:
Isis Stylo 180mm cranks
On-One Carbon fork
BB7's
Maxxis ignitor tyres

Spare wheelset with Ritchey Vader 700x45's
And possible a swap to some direct curve levers I have on my 26 SS beater bike.

:D

More pics to follow

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More question responces

Weight unknown for now, and yes its a 20 inch (large). I have short legs and a long torso, I prefer the longer tt of the bigger frame, I might go a 100mm stem later but for now I'm using a 90.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.