Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might buy a BMX bike soon. It's a Haro 540 Air BMX Freestyle Bicycle Dave Mirra. Does anyone own one here? Are they good bikes? I ride on the street, in the woods(sort of) and I want to start dirtjumping. I found some really big, well-kept, awesome jumps behind my old school.
Am I going down the right path? Is this bike any good? Thanx :)

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
I used to have one. Don't buy a Haro. They're heavy and overrated BMX bikes. You can get much more for your money with other brands. Riding a Mirra 540 Air WILL NOT MAKE YOU DAVE MIRRA. Keep that in mind.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Haros are kinda heavy. My friend has two, I've ridden 'em both, and they're a piece of sh** to take on the trails. They're rather old, so some things may have changed, such as the piece of sh** brakes. They're fine to take to some place around town to mess around in, but awful to go very far in or over any serious bumps. This particular BMX by Haro is discountinued I think.

·
born and bred, UK
170 Posts
oui i have one

utter crap
but im too poor to get a T1 or fit

make do with what you have got ...

its a bit different to stock though

i have no brakes, odyssey forks, decent pedals and fly tyres, odi grips etc

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
And whatever you do, DON'T BUY THE FUSE 16. I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN, NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE, SLAP THE BEJESUS OUT OF YOU, THEN STEAL YOUR BIKE AND BURN IT.
After all, I am dirtyharry.

The Fuse 16 is appropriately sized for a small monkey.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
dirtyharry said:
And whatever you do, DON'T BUY THE FUSE 16. I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN, NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE, SLAP THE BEJESUS OUT OF YOU, THEN STEAL YOUR BIKE AND BURN IT.
After all, I am dirtyharry.

The Fuse 16 is appropriately sized for a small monkey.
sigh, i see meth has gotten to one more of our youth

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
What? That bike is tiny. It's roughly two feet from the front edge of the front wheel to the back edge of the back wheel. As for meth, I would sooner take meth than you would eat a live porcipine, nuclear waste, and Richard Nixon.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Check out www.danscomp.com Go to the sale link and see the completes. They are blow'n out leftover 06's and their shipping is only $22.50. I ordered mine and it arrived in two days. They have GREAT customer service and ship 2-3 days anywhere in cont. US.
I would say go with DK. I just got a DK General Lee 24 and I LOVE IT!!!
Great frames w/ decent builds.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.