Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, yer invited to attend a ConvergenSS of riders from across the Pac NW (and sometimes beyond) to ride our local trails in Longview, WA. Meeting at Gearhart Gardens (my spelling) just off of I-5/Exit 36. In the google map below it is on Freedom Rd off of Dike Rd.
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...107041,-122.885664&spn=0.010845,0.027122&om=1

We will caravan from there to the other side of Longview and in to the hills to our graciously donated, for this ride only. parking area.

The Longview "Stella" trails are known for wearing riders out on flat ground going 5 mph :D

Several more miles of trails have been built in the last year and its all about the fun and flow of riding.

Some kind of mid-ride beverage break will be provided ;) as well as entertainment of people who should know better.

There will be several levels of ride groups, join one and get to know some riders that you don't know.

Join us after the ride for some dinner in town. Maybe even stay overnight and we'll ride the other local trail system that shall remain nameless. :nono:

Bike ON
bob

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,546 Posts
Count me IN!

red-haze.com said:
Hey, yer invited to attend a ConvergenSS of riders from across the Pac NW ...
Bike ON
bob
I'll be on I-5 near Creswell with my thumb out at 4am on the 17th! Wouldn't miss the HC fur nuthin'! (Oops... I did miss it last year... NEVER AGAIN!)

--Davey

·
Making fat cool since '71
1,840 Posts
Sparticus said:
I'll be on I-5 near Creswell with my thumb out at 4am on the 17th! Wouldn't miss the HC fur nuthin'! (Oops... I did miss it last year... NEVER AGAIN!)

--Davey
I'll give you a ride...heh, heh, heh...

Seriously though, since I'm cumming up from behind you it would make sense to get in the wagon with my loveliness. You could re-connect with the mandarin warrior. I think he misses you...

Brock...

P.S. would this be a poor time to switch to a 34x20 from 34x22?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Those trails are lame.

red-haze.com said:
The Longview "Stella" trails are known for wearing riders out on flat ground going 5 mph :D
Sounds perfect for Kona0197.

Actually I've heard about those trails, and, I'm sure it will be this rider that will be lame, not the trails. Maybe the 29er will help me through some of that stuff.

Saturdays are tough for me, since we have office hours. Gotta be careful about asking for days off. I just bailed on work last Saturday for our most soul-satisfying All Comers Meat (where the he!l were ya?!?), so not sure if I can get the 17th off. Maybe if I show the boss a real good time in the sack she'll give me the day off..;)

If I can make it I have accomodations in Oregon City, where a friend is building a house for his son.

So I'm a defiinite maybe. Gotta gotta gotta get up there one of these days and take a ride on Stella!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Al, hope you can make it, been promisin' ya a good ride on Stella for a LONG time.

I was down there a week or so before ACM, rode the trails and enjoyed the mud. But had to work on that weekend so I missed all the fun. dangit

bike oN
bob

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,546 Posts
ImaKlyde said:
I'll give you a ride...heh, heh, heh...

Seriously though, since I'm cumming up from behind you it would make sense to get in the wagon with my loveliness. You could re-connect with the mandarin warrior. I think he misses you...

Brock...

P.S. would this be a poor time to switch to a 34x20 from 34x22?
Dude, yer scarin' me. But I'll take the lift anyway and to answer your question, yes, this would be a poor time to switch to a higher gear. (Unless you've been sneakin' 8+ hours/week in the saddle lately.)

--Sparty

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks like lots of fun, alas, I will be spending the weekend in Sisters. I'm new to the area and looking forward to meeting the SSers. If anyone can recommend places to ride around Sisters this time of year it would be appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
dbisers311 said:
Looks like lots of fun, alas, I will be spending the weekend in Sisters. I'm new to the area and looking forward to meeting the SSers. If anyone can recommend places to ride around Sisters this time of year it would be appreciated.

Dave
The Peterson Ridge trail network at the south end of town might be rideable. Nothing up higher though.

·
Known Mountainbiker
873 Posts
Caution; libra response

General Coonskins said:
It looks like ML & I will be there, and probably looking for a ride both days. As long as we can find a motel that will let us stay with the dogs.
or a kennel that allows people.......:D :) :D :)

Caz

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
Maybe ...

BourneKiller said:
:) I'm in Beaverton, anyone up with picking me up and giving me a ride. Of course, I'll pitch in gas money. I'm a cool dude :cool:
I always drive (it's a control issue thing), but I'd love to have company.

I work on the edge of Beaver Town, but I live in Scholls. We should be able to figure out some place to meet!

I have a "regular" (fork-mounted) bike rack. Is your bike "special"? :-o

I usally stay for the food after the ride, since it's a long drive back on an empty stomach (and the beer at said meal motivates me).

If that's all cool with you, PM me.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mexican? you musta been tired, that was Thai, well, a Cambodian interpretation of Thai :)

see ya then! you staying for day 2, right?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Put in enough peppers and...

red-haze.com said:
Mexican? you musta been tired, that was Thai, well, a Cambodian interpretation of Thai :)

Put in enough peppers and...well you get the drift, besides it was a year ago, and I used up my memory cells long ago. As to day 2, we'll see what we can talk others into. :thumbsup:

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,546 Posts
Oh boy!

red-haze.com said:

I love thigh food!

Won't be able to stay for day two this time, but day one for sure.

--Davey

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,546 Posts
Camping: weather dependent.

Mudflaps said:
I heard you say it .. and what more perfect reason/opportunity? Don't give me that old work song & dance now, day 2 is a Sunday.

Flaps
Maybe... we'll see. Things are up in the air right now. Depends on who I'm traveling with, who's traveling with me, etc.

--Sparty

·
Registered
316 Posts
What are the Camping Options?

I'd like to come up and break out the Tent Trailer for it's first trip of the year. I'll have room for two or three. Bobcanride

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.