Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, yer invited to attend a ConvergenSS of riders from across the Pac NW (and sometimes beyond) to ride our local trails in Longview, WA. Meeting at Gearhart Gardens (my spelling) just off of I-5/Exit 36. In the google map below it is on Freedom Rd off of Dike Rd.
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...107041,-122.885664&spn=0.010845,0.027122&om=1

We will caravan from there to the other side of Longview and in to the hills to our graciously donated, for this ride only. parking area.

The Longview "Stella" trails are known for wearing riders out on flat ground going 5 mph :D

Several more miles of trails have been built in the last year and its all about the fun and flow of riding.

Some kind of mid-ride beverage break will be provided ;) as well as entertainment of people who should know better.

There will be several levels of ride groups, join one and get to know some riders that you don't know.

Join us after the ride for some dinner in town. Maybe even stay overnight and we'll ride the other local trail system that shall remain nameless. :nono:

Bike ON
bob

·
m0un#a!n 8ik3r
251 Posts
Bob.. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it that weekend, cuz of plans to go visit family on the east coast, but ... I have been kinda curious about these Longview trails I keep hearing about. If you don't want to share maps, that's cool, but.. if you wouldn't mind giving directions to trailhead(s) or even just general-area-descriptions, I'll go find some kinda map and eventually go do some exploring round there...

Thanks much.
Ethan

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope to see ya soon around here. The Stella Trailhead isn't too hard to find, just drive to the end of Harmony Road in west Longview, google maps should get ya there. Go past the gate and ride up the gravel road and look on your right for a creek and trail. that is where one of the trails starts. we have over 40 miles of singletrack in the hills on the left and right of the road, quite a few you won't find without local help :)
let me know when you are around here and we'll go for a ride, or set ya up with some others.

bike oN
bob

·
Sweet
533 Posts
I'm surprised more people from Tacoma Seattle area don't make this ride.
It is a blast!
I'll be on the green Lefty. Probably with a cammo shirt on.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
be good to see ya again, there is aLOT new trail here, both Stella and Jeeps.

so you just gonna ride a green lefty? sounds like a unicycle!

·
Registered
605 Posts
red-haze.com said:
there is aLOT new trail here, both Stella and Jeeps.
How steep is da Jeeps? Would I be hating life in 34x20? No way I can keep up w/ you and Joel and "Miss Longview" but maybe I won't make ya wait too long.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
34x20 will be fine as that is what SSue runs up there, me too when I'm not on a "different" bike :)
it has more...hills...than stella ;)
I'll be running gears on sunday, mostly 'cause i'll be fixed on saturday. fixie at stella is like work, fixie at jeeps is just stupid, I know, 'cause I've done it!

Kevin, we got room for ya, bring a sleepin' bag!

bob

·
prawny
74 Posts
sure sounds like fun. I missed last year... drat!

sooo hoping to make it down this year and see what all the fuss is about. will be on the wee vulture.

how far of a drive from Seatown?

~gabrielle

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
about 2 hours from sleezetown :) especially on a saturday morning, depending on what part you are leaving from.

·
Cracker-magnon
1,153 Posts
Ugg, looks like work is going to bite this year. I will be in Orgy-un all week, ending up in Gold Beach on Friday. Talk about far. I may make it, I may not. Hmmm. :madman:

·
Registered
553 Posts
So is this just a SS thing? Will I be poked with a stick and ridiculed for riding gears? I'd say I'd promise to at least try to stay in one gearing, but I just don't hate myself that much yet. :D

·
Sweet
533 Posts
Hey Doug, there was plenty of shifty people there a couple years ago.

I guess my girl and I might get a motel down there and stay for both days? I haven't checked with her yet, but thats my plan.
Court

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.