Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sir Hurt Locker
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Hardwood Hills for the first time today and it was amazing. For cross country trails the place is heaven and it has enough technical and fast downhill sections to keep the more aggressive trail biker happy. I was very impressed with the trails and will definately be returning in the future. Here's a short video of todays ride:

·
All my faucets is Moen.
1,293 Posts
Great Video!

I've been thinking about going up to Hardwood one weekend and checking it out, I haven't been there either. Looks like a great time and I'll have to make it sooner rather than later.

I think I recognize you 2_Tires. Did you race in the Lake to Lake, 4th wave? I think we ended up riding most of the course together.

·
Looking for Adventure
1,060 Posts
Not too shabby !!!

There is a reason why Hardwood has stayed on the Canada Cup circuit all these years. Even though the westerners will blah, blah, blah you about how great the west is to ride, there is no tight, deep, dark, and twisty trails like the east.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's funny because I'd only been there once before the Canada Cup and that was for the Fall Epic 8 Hour last year. I don't know why I judged the terrain based on a relay-course, but I had assumed it was all pretty fast, non-technical terrain. Boy did I find out how wrong I was when I pre-rode for the Canada Cup! Not that I'm complaining... that course beat the crap out of me, and I loved every minute of it, despite crashing in the dirt jumps and rolling my tire off the rim (plus a crash in the bone-shaker.. plus a crash on the ramp->boulder.. hehehe). At least I provided great entertainment in the spectator areas! :)

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
somnambulant said:
It's funny because I'd only been there once before the Canada Cup and that was for the Fall Epic 8 Hour last year. I don't know why I judged the terrain based on a relay-course, but I had assumed it was all pretty fast, non-technical terrain. Boy did I find out how wrong I was when I pre-rode for the Canada Cup! Not that I'm complaining... that course beat the crap out of me, and I loved every minute of it, despite crashing in the dirt jumps and rolling my tire off the rim (plus a crash in the bone-shaker.. plus a crash on the ramp->boulder.. hehehe). At least I provided great entertainment in the spectator areas! :)
It's been a long time since i have rode hardwood, other than Canada Cups and relays, but i think there is a lot more fun stuff that they don't even fit into the Canada Cup course. The good variety helps to keep it high on my list of favourite riding spots.

·
Sir Hurt Locker
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thedumbopinion said:
Great Video!

I've been thinking about going up to Hardwood one weekend and checking it out, I haven't been there either. Looks like a great time and I'll have to make it sooner rather than later.

I think I recognize you 2_Tires. Did you race in the Lake to Lake, 4th wave? I think we ended up riding most of the course together.
Yeah, I did the Lake to Lake, I was in the fourth wave, #850. The name's Sebastian by the way.

·
Sir Hurt Locker
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No I edit all my own videos, my first videos are crap but they keep getting better and better. At the end of the season I am gonna put together a DVD of all my trips from Moab to Vermont to Blue Mountain to Hardwood and more. Next season I think I may buy an HD camcorder and keep progressing in the video department as well as in my biking.

·
Sir Hurt Locker
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for all the comments, I appreciate you taking the time to watch my video. I will be posting more videos as I keep exploring the trails in this province. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Awesome vid, I'm diggin' the tunes :D

I was actually just at Hardwood on Saturday, seen that they have made some changes to the Serious trail. I've got to get back up there a few times this year, its worth the 3.5 hour drive :)

·
Sir Hurt Locker
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will be riding radical and serious this weekend. Probably cool down with the fun 6k and then head for some beers :D

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
2_Tires said:
I will be riding radical and serious this weekend. Probably cool down with the fun 6k and then head for some beers :D
sounds like a seriously radical time :D
I'm already itching to go back.... I was just there this weekend... whats wrong with me ;)
I think I'll get my fill next month, I'm considering taking on the summer 8 hour relay race solo.

·
Sir Hurt Locker
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I am doing that race, hopefully in a team of four but right now there is only two of us going for sure. Can't wait to ride there again!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey!
anyone from barrie/area.
I'm planning on going up to Hardwood Hills this weekend to do some rippin. ive got approx 1 other person goin with me. i'd like a group of 3-5 somewhere in there. not too big not too small. I live about 5 min drive from hardwood. Cost with student card is 10.50. People with cars: Please be kind and see if can pick up anyone that lives in your area if you plan on coming. PM me ( SAVAGE-RIDER ) if you want to come so i can do a head count and see how many people want to go.

Thanks.

EDIT*

you will need a ride to and from hardwood hills as i am getting a ride with my parents i will probably be able to take one or two people (if you don't have curved head tubes) so if anyone wants to come (if you have a car) please try to arrange and see if you can pick a few ppl up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.