Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Sir Hurt Locker
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I am planning on riding the summer 8 hour race on July 26th at Hardwood Hills. I had a team of four but one of our racers dropped out so we are looking for a fourth racer. We are a group of riders 21, 24, and 26, and we are doing the race more to have fun than to get a place on the podium. We are still competitive but at this point we are racing for training and fun. If anyone is interested in being a part of our team please PM me. Thank you.

A little about us:

Myself: 21 years old, second season riding and second race, ride a Specialized P. All Mountain, student at Conestoga College

Martin: 24 years old, second season riding and second race, rides a GT Chucker, Mechanical Engineer

Dave: 26 years old, first season riding, rides a Supercycle, Fire Prevention worker at Toyota

We will be driving up on Friday night (July 25) from Kitchener-Waterloo in two cars. We will also be going to Hardwood Hills to ride the 8 hour race course the weekend of the 19th.

·
Is it winter yet?
255 Posts
Hardwood Hills 8 Hour

36 - Civil Engineer - 3rd year riding

I've ridden one 24 hour race as part of a large team. I'm riding the Chico/Superfly Wednesday night series in King Township.

I kinda suck, but I like these kind of events and I'm up for joining your group.

Craig

·
Sir Hurt Locker
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Craig,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been really busy with work lately. I have a friend who said he will be racing as long as he doesn't injure himself in next weekend's downhill race so unfortunately the last spot on our team is most likely filled. I won't know for sure til after he's done the race, but if you want I can let you know at that time what the deal is. Let me know if you would still be interested given a weeks notice in case things don't work out.

Thanks.

·
Happy Mojo Rider
141 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread but what are the conditions at Hardwood. The reason I'm asking is this is going to be my first time racing there and I'm wondering what's a good set of racing tires would be for the course. Any takers?
Ted

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
norm said:
I was there last week. Its fast, with a few tight spots. IMO, Pythons would be my choice of weapon.
By the way norm, I'm starting to get used the the Pythons front and rear, and they have worked well for me at Boler, Albion, and King City so far.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
norm said:
Yeah, they are great tires....fast.

You racing the 8hr Ryan?
I plan to do a co-ed tag team with my sister. Have not registered yet.

·
More than a little slow
654 Posts
I'm there as well. I've switched my category from solo master to solo ss although it doesn't get updated on the confirmation list. Lots of people that I recognize from behind are in.
Any word on whether the famous M. Lepper will be attending (solo) ?
we seem to have moved away from the original post

·
Singlespeed Mysty
646 Posts
dskunk said:
I'm there as well. I've switched my category from solo master to solo ss although it doesn't get updated on the confirmation list. Lots of people that I recognize from behind are in.
I would be one of those people that you would recognize when you pass, or even double lap :p :p :p

but alas the only way you will be noticing anything that has to do with my behind, might be me shakin it if Noggy decides to run another Disco Ball Madness...

I will be there watching - cheering... wearing the Misfit Jersey in support of my fellow Misfits... assuming they haven't kicked me out of of the secret club;) :D :D

I'll yell out "Go! Skunky" if I see your small a$$ on the trail whipping by me...:p

just be kind to Mysty and don't call me Gimpy:p

what the heck was the original post anyways... dern...

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
ummm...

how do you recognize people from behind?

not that there is anything wrong with that, just saying...

dskunk said:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I'm in for the unofficial solo-partnered division.

Okay I'm making that one up, but I don't mind winning (or coming last) in my own pretend division.

My Transrockies partner and I will be attempting to race together so we can figure out whether we like each other under race conditions. If you see two guys acting like an old married couple on course, you'll know why.

·
veldrijder
1,083 Posts
rkj__ said:
Team "Mom said Don't hurt yourselves" is now registered.
A good team name. Perhaps you will be contenders in that division, as it's usually not that competitive.

nspace said:
I take it that it has been widely accepted that this thread has been hijacked and converted into the official Summer 8-hour discussion.
Thoroughly hijacked indeed :cool:
I will also be doing the solo in the singlespeed category. So excited. Aiming for 13 laps.
I caught your sneeky edit there too - that 13 was a dozen of the non-baker's variety at first ;)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
jmoote said:
I caught your sneeky edit there too - that 13 was a dozen of the non-baker's variety at first ;)
I realized this morning that I did 12 at the last 8 hour so naturally I must one up my previous performance. Providing nothing goes wrong it should be doable, seeing as last time I had time but forgot about that extra 40 minutes. I'm sure nogears will be here any minute to share with you his alternate theory on this matter.

http://www.misfitpsycles.com/blog/?p=218

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.