Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i pulled my old azonic out of storage unit, pumped the tires up and rode around. I forgot how much fun a 120mm fork and hardtail DJ bike can be. i literally rallied it for about 45 minutes in the snow. i almost feel bad its been in storage for so long.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeah, after watching the hardtail section on Earthed3 several times, I finally took mine out for a trail ride the other day and thought the same thing. I got so used to riding the trails with 6-7 inches of travel and it is completely different on a hardtail, but just as fun.

It's been several years since I rode a hardtail in this manner and I will be keeping it in the quiver for some time.

·
Cheesiest
1,615 Posts
hardtail nostalgia is sweet!:thumbsup:

Sometimes, I'll put my 6" Sherman on my .243 and go ride trails.

·
Registered
52 Posts
dam right :thumbsup:

I've been riding big bikes for acouple years now, but at the end of last season I thought it was time for a change. Sold the DH rigs and built myself up a chameleon. I just can't believe how much fun it is, everytime I go for a ride, I always finish up smiling :p

Spring Rates, Bearings, Pivots, Suspension Designs etc all have their place no doubt, but it's good to get back to the basics :thumbsup:

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
my fully is often discriminated against. I have 2 hardtails that get ridden a lot. but then again, the fully is the whistler/blackrock bike, so it sees more fun :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.