Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys, im pretty new here. I was thinking about purchasing a Specialized Hardrock Pro disc, and I was wondering what you guys thought of the bike. Thanks for your help.

-Danny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
American Jesus said:
HI guys, im pretty new here. I was thinking about purchasing a Specialized Hardrock Pro disc, and I was wondering what you guys thought of the bike. Thanks for your help.

-Danny
What is the best price you've found for the bike? What is your budget?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've found this bike for aroung 700 at Bicycle Warehouse in socal where I am from. And budget that is basically my budget.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you have any knowledge where the Sweetwater resevoir trail is? well i am right near there. 700 is the list price on the specialized site, so you really think you could get it for lower??? So basically im somewhat close to; Alpine,La Mesa,Jamul if your familiar with those areas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
American Jesus said:
you have any knowledge where the Sweetwater resevoir trail is? well i am right near there. 700 is the list price on the specialized site, so you really think you could get it for lower??? So basically im somewhat close to; Alpine,La Mesa,Jamul if your familiar with those areas
Call around all the shops in your area. Also Check out the Ironhorse Warrior Expert, Marin hawk hill, and Diamondack Topenga Comp. All great bikes and available at Sport Chalet, but there doesn't seem to be one near you. The people you buy from are as important as what you buy. If you are dealing wtih an unhelpful jerk, walk out. You need to trust everyone who will deal with your bike. If you have any doubts, walk away.
 

·
There's no app for this.
Joined
·
5,369 Posts
That bike

American Jesus said:
HI guys, I'm pretty new here. I was thinking about purchasing a Specialized Hardrock Pro disc, and I was wondering what you guys thought of the bike. Thanks for your help.

-Danny
is an excellent bike. When you buy, fit is the most important thing, buy from a shop that offers help to fit and one you trust.

I'm not sure about the other poster's advice about Sports Chalet, but personally I'd go to a bike store, not a "general" outdoor shop that specializes in ski and SCUBA gear. but hey, that's just me.

It's hard to buy a bad bike now (although aforementioned Sports Chalet sells some pretty awful low end Mongoose boat anchors), just stick to brand names at a good bike shop, you'll do fine.

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
The Mongoose bikes come from having a corporate buyer who doesn't know the industry and has since moved on to greener pastures. All shop employees detest the presence of the MGX and Nishiki bikes. Unfortunately some people don't understand why cheap bikes are liabilities and they buy them despite our warnings. The Diamondback, Ironhorse and Marin bikes are still excellent values for someone wanting to get a good bike and have money left over. We also offer Cannondale bikes in some select stores, though it's been a few years since we carried Bianchi. Our labor rates and turnaround times are quite competitive. Not all shops are equal, and any shop has it's own share off challenges. We are there for a particuar customer and refer many to the best LBS's in their area if we can't provide a particular need. For example: specialty components , triathalon equipment, or a boutique frameset. Many times we're the last chance bike supply. "My century is tomorrow and I need new cleats tonight!" Whether you shop with us or not, enjoy the ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
TeamRoundBoys said:
The Mongoose bikes come from having a corporate buyer who doesn't know the industry and has since moved on to greener pastures. All shop employees detest the presence of the MGX and Nishiki bikes. Unfortunately some people don't understand why cheap bikes are liabilities and they buy them despite our warnings. The Diamondback, Ironhorse and Marin bikes are still excellent values for someone wanting to get a good bike and have money left over. We also offer Cannondale bikes in some select stores, though it's been a few years since we carried Bianchi. Our labor rates and turnaround times are quite competitive. Not all shops are equal, and any shop has it's own share off challenges. We are there for a particuar customer and refer many to the best LBS's in their area if we can't provide a particular need. For example: specialty components , triathalon equipment, or a boutique frameset. Many times we're the last chance bike supply. "My century is tomorrow and I need new cleats tonight!" Whether you shop with us or not, enjoy the ride.
Maybe your shop is better, but my expericences with Sport Chalet bike department have been somewhat what disappointing and I've been to a couple of them. I tend to agree with JimC find a good LBS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up going to Bicycle Warehouse down in Pacific beach in Socal and found teh bike for $645. Pretty good deal. i also test road it and love it. can't wait to get it and hit the trails
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top