Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,006 Posts
if you are a beginner or novice rider then all you do is mess up trails w/a hardtail

you make brake jack holes bigger in the trail and you tend to skid more

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Three options that are made to handle a dual crown fork and are super burly. Banshee Morphine, Evil Imperial, 243. Racing DH frame.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Evil Imperial, hands down!!!

however, i'd say if you want something to ride around a bit more comfortably the Banshee Morphine looks like i'd be more comfortable to ride instead of just bombing down hills, but if you want something that is just straight up sick... the evil imperial would be amazing!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
my DH HT.

Not to say im an expert/pro rider, but Im decent enough to survive and keep up with my Full sus freinds (some of em :) ) on it while riding at diablo. I personaly think DC forks on HT's are complete overkill and not worth doing. a 66 on a HT is a great alternative. ran one on there last season and rode diablo a couple of times and raced at reading with the setup and it rocked.

If you completely set on running a DC Fork, My picks are imperial, .243, and a morphine..

·
Registered
144 Posts
I freeride on my haro escape 8.3 all the time. I slapped some 888's and a bunch of other misc on it and it works like a champ. But I cant go wrong with my morphine. I love hardtails, i rarely bust a FullSus whip for FR/DH... but I dont do any hxc downhill around here. When I do get roudy, then the 8.5" of rear wheel travel comes in handy. But yeah I love my 8.3 escape, and my morphine.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
ilikeair said:
i really appreciate your guys help, and just one more thing shiver me timbers im no novice, im intending to do some serious downhill racing. Thanks again eveyone:thumbsup:
So what one did you decide on? Check on Pinkbike. I scored a new 2005 Morphine for around $450.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
For a good Downhill/Freeride hardtail i think hands down an Evil Imperial is the best for that type of riding. I have a Evil Imperial and I ride mostly freeride and a little downhill here and there.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
my vote gos f or the Morphine... is a no brainer

great geometry, super stiff and strong anought to have 10 years warranty no matter what fork you put on it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts