Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys question here, I'm traveling to Asheville from Ohio in a month, and was going to bike Brent Creek with my GF... I'm bringing along my full sus but our only other bike is my 2016 hardtail that my GF rides and I was wondering if this would be adequate for the Bent Creek trails? We wouldn't be doing anything more than intermediate trails down there, probably focus on Ingles and some of the other "easier" trails in Brent.
In Ohio you can get by on pretty much everything on a hardtail just fine so she's reluctant to rent a full squish unless she has to. It's not a junk hardtail, decent spec on it and handles everything nice I'm more worried that the terrain will beat up her hands and bottom too much to finish a full day out there.

· Registered
410 Posts
I'm not at all familiar with the trails, but can she ride the full suspension while you ride the hard tail? It might make the day more enjoyable for both of you. She will have a comfortable ride and you will be challenged to take the best lines for a hard tail. Otherwise, renting a bike is always an option.

· Registered
160 Posts
I say hardtails are overkill after seeing a dude ride his trail unicycle at Bent Creek. ;)

The hardtail will get the job done, but maybe consider renting her a fully if that's what you're riding.
LMAO I sawthat guy riding one up Wolf Branch and it made me and my buddy question our manhood. We still joke about it.

Re: hardtails at BC.. hell yes. I've ridden my vintage HT there too many times to count. It taught me a thing or two about tire pressures on 26ers for sure. Pinchflats are a thing there.

Greens Lick is rocky and sort beats the hell out of you on a HT but other than that it's completely doable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.