Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a Hardrock and its a great entry level bike. The HR is a good climber and its pretty burly for a hardtail. Its comfy and all the stock components are decent.

The p1 is a diffrent breed of bike. The riding position isnt ment for XC and the seat is set real low. As everyone mentioned its a stunt/jump bike. You might be able to get away with some trail riding but stock it comes with urban tires rather then XC stuff.

·
Registered
940 Posts
The P1 AM is a all-mountain bike. I have one & the seat isn't set low. I think there's another P1 bike that's for dirt jumping. The AM is heavy but I'm managing pretty well for a beginner with climbing & I'm a big guy. Guess it would be good if you plan to ride rough. I wanted something that I could afford that would take my abuse. So far, it has.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I noticed the standard P1 has the low seat etc which is why I was querying the P1 AM, the headtube assembly looks stronger than the Hardrock and the specs of the bikes are very similar with only the frame and tyres really differing.
I was wondering how much of a difference the frame would make with regards to XC/trail riding. Would it be heavier than a Hardraock (which is not the lightest of bikes let's face it!) and would it be able to stand more abuse?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts