Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the HardRock is more for DJ, aggressive XC and light DH while the Cinder Cone may not be quite as tough. However I need anyones opinion on this one, anyone who may own both and can tell me anything about the 2. I am looking to commute to work (all road, Hills) 10 miles a day 5 days a week, then on weekends take her to the mountain trails for moderate to aggressive XC and possibly lite DH and small jumps, but also want to be able to ride on asphalt with no problems for long distances. I will probably want to add a rear rack and bag, plus other small accessories ie: pump, WB, light, saddle bag. So between these 2 bikes which way should I go. Any help or advice is awesome.

Thanx
cj

·
DaBomb Molotov rider
347 Posts
chiefmojo25 said:
I know the HardRock is more for DJ, aggressive XC and light DH while the Cinder Cone may not be quite as tough. However I need anyones opinion on this one, anyone who may own both and can tell me anything about the 2. I am looking to commute to work (all road, Hills) 10 miles a day 5 days a week, then on weekends take her to the mountain trails for moderate to aggressive XC and possibly lite DH and small jumps, but also want to be able to ride on asphalt with no problems for long distances. I will probably want to add a rear rack and bag, plus other small accessories ie: pump, WB, light, saddle bag. So between these 2 bikes which way should I go. Any help or advice is awesome.
The Kona Cinder Cone is a nice bike, but aren't you limiting yourself then? If you are expecting to do some aggressive XC and small jumps you might find yourself with an XC bike like the Cinder Cone, and the Specialized Hardrock Pro Disk might be a better choice, coz it is more versatile.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts