Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really wanting to buy a new bike this spring and am not sure of what to buy. I really do not want to break the bank doing it either. I was originally going to buy the hardrock 29er and make upgrades as I go along but I was wondering if there was any considerable difference between the frames of a hardrock and rockhopper. There is about a 350 dollar difference between a low level rockhopper and hardrock. Wish I could afford a stumpjumper but I guess that will have to wait until after I graduate. Any suggestions?

·
Trail Junkie
2,210 Posts
Rockhopper comes with better components, and that is the main $350 difference, but the Rockhopper does use a slightly better geometry, Specialized M4 aluminum which is suppose to be lighter, so it is a better base frame for building up a better bike....but you'd almost be better off buying something used, saving the money for later when you can "Invest" into something a bit better...depending on how much you ride or are going to ride.

·
up n over
407 Posts
2011 RH uses m5 alloy.
Also for under a g getting hydro brakes new 8sp alivio (awesome compared to old stuff) way better Geo and a
WARRANTY. 1200 gets u a decent shock shimano brakes and better shifters/ deraileurs... Oh and a warranty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been looking pretty diligently on ebay and have been attempting to find other sites to look with little success. The craigslist down here in southern illinois is pretty much useless. I guess I could check out a few of the local bikeshops for used bikes but I don't have to high of hopes in finding what I want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.