Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the bottom bracket on a 03 Hardrock lower than other bikes? I’m constantly clipping my pedals on rocks, roots and stuff on the sides of the trail while my riding buddies all clear the obstacles that I hit. Is there a way to get better pedal clearance, by perhaps fitting shorter cranks?
Cheers

·
Complete Bastard
2,282 Posts
Shorter cranks will give you less leverage, it's probably not a good idea unless you're real short. Maybe you should learn to pedal in rhythm with your obstacles so your pedal is up when you pass over something. Or learn to ratchet-pedal over obstacles. FWIW, I smack the pedals of my epic all the time, but I think that's because of suspension sag.

·
Banned
82 Posts
mward said:
Shorter cranks will give you less leverage, it's probably not a good idea unless you're real short. Maybe you should learn to pedal in rhythm with your obstacles so your pedal is up when you pass over something. Or learn to ratchet-pedal over obstacles. FWIW, I smack the pedals of my epic all the time, but I think that's because of suspension sag.
dude we do not care about sting he sucks ok and we dont wanna here yur sob story about bark. also i have a hardrock and my pedals hit alot to u just have to deal with it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.