Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A family friend has told me that his group meets down at Tsali twice a year and wants me to join them. As I often ride alone, I am looking forward to some company as I learn to ride mountain. I am having a Ti 29er built that I intend to use, but he told me that Tsali is far better with a soft tail. Is this true? Do any of you use a hard tail there? I am a roadie getting into mt bikes.

·
Two wheels are best
1,135 Posts
Though I still take my FS...I think Tsali is very Hartail friendly.

·
Two wheels are best
1,135 Posts
brado1 said:
just turned 40 :thumbsup:
Oh...a tough guy, eh? :cornut:

I finished off my 43rd year back on 6/29. I could tough it out on a hartail...though my back would prolly fuss about it! :eek:

·
Go make a difference
1,249 Posts
hardtail, rigid, 'cross (as recommended), heck, take yer road bike and let some of the air out of the tires. If you're getting a Ti 29er built, leave the bouncy bikes at home and let 'em rest for when ya relly need 'em. Tsali is smooth.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. I have enjoyed the NC forums! The Seven Ti hardtail 29er will be my first and only mt bike (just going through the ordering now). I ride mostly fire roads and single track in Virginia and feel it will be versatile enough for what I want. However, since I may be going down to Tsali two or three times a year I wanted to know how my bike might do down there. Admitingly, I am still getting to know what type of bikes are used in different types of mountain biking. For years road was easy. As long as it was hard pavement, my roadie was fine. ;)

I know some of you may be snickering a bit as a newbie without any mountain experience is ordering such a boutique high end bike. However, as was the case with my roadie, I have freakish dimensions which make it impossible for me to ride stock geometry. One thing is for sure, if I try to order a Seven FS, my wife will kill me.

·
Two wheels are best
1,135 Posts
VACowboy said:
I know some of you may be snickering a bit as a newbie without any mountain experience is ordering such a boutique high end bike. However, as was the case with my roadie, I have freakish dimensions which make it impossible for me to ride stock geometry. One thing is for sure, if I try to order a Seven FS, my wife will kill me.
I've always been of the opinion that you should buy what you want FIRST...you end up spending less in the long run!

As for some folks snickering...it's more like wishing they had one on order too! :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.