Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time trying to decide what frame I should use for my new build.

I either want to go with the

Morewood Shova LT

Knolly V-Tach

Chumba F4

Canfield Brothers Formula 1

Versus Weapon-X

Bionicon Ironwood

Duncon Presa Canario

or

Astrix Havoc

All are great frames, but if you guys could give me some help on choosing I'd really appreciate it.

·
mtbr Decade+
1,545 Posts
I don't know what all of those bikes cost, but...

Transition bikes are having a pretty sweet sale. You can get a Preston FR for $685. Very sweet frame. I think it has the coveted "buyer's choice" award in the Product ratings area...

·
Bionicon Rider
215 Posts
Info on Bionicon IW

The Iron Wood comes as a Frame Kit; Frame, shock, fork, front Hub, 34.9 handlebar (alloy or carbon), stem, Seatpost and clamp, it comes assembled for $3490. It is a High End setup that can easily be built under 40 lbs (w/OEM componants it's under 38) and 200mm travel F & R.

Our 15 yr old JrX and SemiPro DH racers are getting great results on this bike (as well as the Edison), also it is a very climbable rig with the on-the-fly geometry adjustment setup. I have even done XC rides on the IW and had a lot of fun.

I can say this; There is nothing else like it, the quality is top notch and if you want versatility you can't go wrong. I have been working with and riding on Bionicon Bikes for almost 3 years so I am definately a little biased, and if you are in SoCal a test ride can be arranged easily.

You have listed a lot of great bikes to choose from so have fun and ride hard on whatever you get

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well money is no option, even though I don't make that much. And it would be my first DH/FR bike to build. My bikes before were all Bianchi, which were good, but couldn't really handle the riding I wanted to do. I still like Bianchi, unfortunantly their suspension bikes aren't made for what I want to do, and their Hardtail Dirt series bikes are nice and could deal with the jumps, they aren't FS like I want. The frames I listed were in my opinion the best frames I could achieve the jumps and drops I want to do. I spent the last 2 weeks coming up with this list, and I even added another, Transition Dirtbag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.