Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NATE CORE
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any shops in or near Santa Barbara to get a frame hard anodized like the Patriot guy? I have a Super 8 and the yellow paint is "f"ed.

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
Send it to Absolute Finish. Google them. I just got my Orange Patriot done, and it is brilliant. Get the hard ano, it is much better for high wear parts. No worries about paint cracking, chipping, etc. Lighter too. Plus the no-gloss finish looks way better if you ask me. Pics:

Attachments

·
NATE CORE
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey SMT can you recommend any places from SB to Thousand Oaks off hand? I talked to the only guy the shops knew about around here in Goleta and he said he would only do it when " he could get around to it"
and that doesnt sound very promising to me.

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
n8whitie said:
OK thanks, That rig looks effin sick man. how much does it cost for just black?
You get the frame chemical stripped, polished, and hard ano'ed black for probably about 150-200 shipped. Call and talk to Andy, he's great to deal with, and knows his stuff.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
man this guy does a lot of high profile actors and stuff...he did my bike

Check out this color......to

Special thanks to

Astro Powder Coating & Metal Polishing
8136 Lankershim Boulevard,
North Hollywood, CA 91605
(818) 768-6535

Attachments

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
N8 - I know there is a place off of La Patera Ln. that does order anodizing, though I can't remember the name at the moment. I'll check with my boss tomorrow since I know they do work for us. The other main place we use is in Ventura which I'll also look up, but as far as frame goes you are much better off with a powdercoat.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
powdercoating doesn't fade, harder to scratch ...........find someone good though
Yup, and if you aren't too concerned about weight you can get a really thick coat that will last forever and a half. Find out who Sinister uses for their powdercoats. The paint on my R9 is the toughest paint job I have ever seen on a bike. I can't even describe how difficult it was to face the HT on this bike compared to anything else.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
DHidiot said:
Yup, and if you aren't too concerned about weight you can get a really thick coat that will last forever and a half. Find out who Sinister uses for their powdercoats. The paint on my R9 is the toughest paint job I have ever seen on a bike. I can't even describe how difficult it was to face the HT on this bike compared to anything else.
nope it breaks off

·
NATE CORE
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right on- thanks for the info. wieght isnt a major concern seeing how Super 8s are already fairly heavy. This one is high 40s I would say. I just want something that wont chip or fade too quickly.
Andrewpalooza has a sweet paint job but I would rather not mail it. I'll go powdercoat.
I think flat white with new Santa Cruz decals would look sweet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.