Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Riding is good

Just got back from a 2.5 hour ride cool and brisk this morning, way down in the 50's when we started, had to put on a wind vest. I could not believe how many mountain bikes we saw on the local open space out for a pre-binge sweat. It was great, then on the trip back across town on the way home there were roadies out in droves as well. Bikes are good.

DT

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Happy turkey day!

I wanted to go for a ride last night but the Pack had most recently been ridden in slushy snow and put away wet and caked with slush. Well, it was 20 degrees last night and EVERYTHING was frozen solid on the bike. Chain guide, every chain link freehub, brake calipers, front hub. Totally solid. I bounced on the bike lightly and the DHX A became stuck down. I took it as a sign to go drink beer instead. :rolleyes:

The DHX coil is on today and I left it in the house overnight to thaw and dry out. Wish me luck.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday!

·
Alaska Turner Mafia
1,121 Posts
Happy thanksgiving to you too DT

Hope you can take a day off from what I can imagine to be a stressful position at times. And thanks for the frequent visits to this board. That's a rarity in these forums.

And to all the others of the Homer clan, Happy Thanksgiving to you. This board is not only a wealth of information but also a source of a ton of entertainment! It's kept me visiting way more than I should, keep posting! I can't quite ride yet, and I've cherried out my Turners in the garage, so I'm dropping in here for both amusement and insight. Happy holidays to all and may your rides bring you much pleasure.

Rando

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
I feel like I'm part of something special...

......being a part of this Homer clan! I mean, how many other builders out there took the time to 'speak' with his/her customers and friends?? I did manage to get a quick spin in this morning, just got back and was cooling down. So I thought I'd check in here, not expecting much being the holiday and all, but here y'all are wishing well to each other.
Excellent!
OK, that's enough mushy stuff. Now it's time to join cheesy and drink beer....

Merry Turkey Day!!
-bd-

·
lurker no more
168 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all

I'm working today and the bike project isn't quite yet complete, so definitely no riding time for me today. Two wheels, one brake rotor, 2 hubs, 12 torx bolts, seat clamp, QR skewer, 1 front tire, 2 inner tubes, a chain tensioner and a 400# spring short! Dang, that sounds like a lot. Gotta save, save save and save some more...:D

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Thanks, Dave. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!!!

I was planning on riding the Spot today, but last night, I started cleaning it. Then I decided to lube the pivots. While doing that, I thought it would be a good idea to take apart the HLs and lube them as it's been a couple of months since I last did that. Then I thought, what the heck, as long as I'm taking the HLs apart, I may as well inspect all of the pivots. Since I hadn't checked the bottom bracket in a while, it was next ..... and the dis-assembly continued.

Before I knew it, I had to whole bike apart. It's almost completely reassembled now, so it should be ready to ride tomorrow. Everything...... and I mean EVERYTHING has been cleaned, inspected and lubed. That probably means that it'll rain tomorrow so that I can ride it in the mud :rolleyes:

I can't wait to ride it.....regardless of the weather.

·
Registered
520 Posts
You leave your bikes

out in the cold.....? That's...that's.... sacraligious. After being rode hard they should be stored in a nice warm room of their own. Say three hail Turners and warm up that Pack.

tscheezy said:
Happy turkey day!

I wanted to go for a ride last night but the Pack had most recently been ridden in slushy snow and put away wet and caked with slush. Well, it was 20 degrees last night and EVERYTHING was frozen solid on the bike. Chain guide, every chain link freehub, brake calipers, front hub. Totally solid. I bounced on the bike lightly and the DHX A became stuck down. I took it as a sign to go drink beer instead. :rolleyes:

The DHX coil is on today and I left it in the house overnight to thaw and dry out. Wish me luck.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday!

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
3 hours on a bike path in SLC.

Riding my hardtail with slicks today. It felt great to breathe a little fresh air before gorging myself.

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
xjbebop said:
......being a part of this Homer clan! I mean, how many other builders out there took the time to 'speak' with his/her customers and friends??
-bd-
Not only do they wish you a happy holiday and maintain excellent cust. serv. but they ask what kind of finishes and colors you want next year and viola. that green pack with the lazer etched logos is BAD~!
Turner bikes, you rock.

happy holidays to all and enjoy the ride.

RJ

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.